Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On this board there is a solid and active DS9 fanbase,so it might seem that there is only little love for Voyager online. But like you said, in real world it seems that Voyager rules. :) Welcome, DalekJim! :D

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So little love for so great a show :(.

3. andersonh1

andersonh1 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Voyager's probably far more accessible, thanks to the stand-alone episode approach. DS9's my favorite Trek apart from the original, but I've never really seen it as being in competition with Voyager or TNG. It's not an either/or with me. They're both part of Trek, and both have merit.

Even when I wasn't a fan of Voyager, it wasn't because I thought it didn't measure up to DS9 and TNG, but because I judged the show on its own merits and didn't care for what it was. Now I like it quite a bit of course, but I still love DS9.

4. Matt Borg

Matt Borg Cadet Newbie

Hello my name is Matthew,
    I am new to the TrekBBS and this seemed to be the best place to introduce myself. I am a lifelong Star Trek fan, and I enjoy all the different incarnations of Star Trek, however, I find myself always coming back to Voyager. I think it is because Voyager was the first series of Star Trek I ever collected and watched consistently from start to finish. I do also enjoy DS9, but Voyager is so easy to fall back into. I find myself watching it whenever I see that it is on the television.I also enjoy reading Star Trek books, and I'm looking forward to reading the new Voyager novels post Star Trek Destiny.

5. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome to the forum. :)

6. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome another Voyager appreciative fan! :)

7. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

I too here am new, being Chrisisall by name.
    A fan am I, so do not myself flame.

But a lot of Voyager eps were very "meh." But when it was good, it was great!
    The boxed sets are SO expensive- I can't see paying 100 bucks for a season that has so many mediocre stories, so I bought the Borg & Time Travel collections specifically for the best Voyager eps.:techman: Of course, there are more great ones than these sets can contain- I just hope the price of the DVD's comes down a bit when the Blu Ray comes out.

And Janeway RULES!:cool:

8. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome Chrisisall. :)

9. mackula

mackula Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello All...

It's been nice rewatching Voyager eps on Spike TV late night. Some of them I missed the first time around.

10. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Hi mackula! :)

11. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Doh! Beat me to it. :)

Welcome mackula!

12. Crimea River

Crimea River Commander Red Shirt

I'm not exactly new to TrekBBS, but to the Voyager section, I am. ^^;

I grew up on Voyager. I never really got to see much of it because of my parents and their strict bedtime codes, however, but I intend to watch it once I finish my [re]-watching of DS9 and TNG. (As a child, also, I had trouble understanding it; sad, because I was in middle school. It seems my mind is...odd). I have a certain love for it, even though DS9 is proving to be my favourite, and as I watch it, I'm hoping I keep that love - which I'm sure it will.

13. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy re-watching the series and continue to post. :)

14. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

D'oh! I've posted away here thinking that I'd introduced myself a long time ago.

Obviously Mirandafave is the handle and if I'm posting in the Voyager forum it must be cos I liked it. Of all the treks I think it had the coolest premise with the explore strange new worlds angle but also a goal to get home and the overriding arc about that and doing so within the parameters of the Prime Directive et el.

Many good episodes. A fab captain who despite some flip, flopping on the writers' part was still a tough lady and the one to get her crew home.

On top of that, we had some great characters such as the Doctor, Paris the flyboy trying to redeem himself, Torres the angry engineer trying to find a balance between her Klingon and human halves, and of course Seven - showing how far trek had travelled in now having a Borg drone as part of a crew after the events of BoBW.

Anyways, hello all.

15. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Hello and welcome. :)

16. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

By 'eck that were fast!

17. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

It's all luck and timing. ;)

18. Ruby_Fiction

Ruby_Fiction Ensign Newbie

I'm still quite a new Star Trek fan but I have to say that Voyager seems to be my favourite so far- in fact I'd say DS9 is the one I've gotten into least. Having said that I do really like it and this may change further down the line. Voyager is the one I keep coming back to though, perhaps because I love Seven so much.

19. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome Ruby Fiction. :)

20. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Hi Ruby Fiction! *waves*