Steam Sale (expected to) Starts Today

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bob The Skutter, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Rumour has it Steam's Summer Sale will begin today.

As a reminder to myself to not go mad on buying games I decided to use the steam profile calculator to remind me how much I have that I haven't played anyway. And here it is

My Steam Profile
    (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £816.85
    • Games owned: 134
    • Games not played: 73
    • Percentage: 54%
    • Hours spent: 331.3h

2. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds about like me.. I was given Diablo III for xmas.. I'm still in the first act. I bought Kerbal Space Program. I hardly play it. I got Sim3 for my wife.. Never even set it up. Only thing i play is... Wait for it.... MINECRAFT!!! Shocker..:guffaw:

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Team Fortress 2 just had a nearly 1GB update, anything to do with the "event" going on today?

4. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

We'll know for sure in about 2 and a half hours. I'm hoping there isn't anything especially tempting the first couple days since I'm still waiting on the check from my last gig and I would really like to eat this weekend.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I already brought Killing Floor last weekend when it was £3ish but am really hoping to see Dishonoured for a good price maybe with DLC in the summer sale (when it begins :scream:).

I doubt I will buy as much as last year when I picked up several games.

6. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Sale is up and running now and Dishonored is one of the first possible community's choice games, so you better vote for it if you want it on sale right away. ;)

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ Already voted on it so if it wins £5.10 if not it will be £8.99 so either way am getting it later. I just brought Skyrim: Legendary Edition (All DLC) for £17.99 ;)

8. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Just picked up the Borderlands 2 Seasonpass...

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

There are a bunch of games that got updated to support the trading card functionality, which recently went out of beta (no doubt in anticipation of this year's sale.)

I got 5 cards and sold them, which means I guess I'm not getting the Steam Summer Sale badge, but I don't particularly care for the gameification of the platform in the first place.

By the way, if any of you foolish people don't have Dark Souls yet, GET DARK SOULS. DO IT. DO IT NOW. Or wait until it's $7.49 again, which it probably will be, but it's still a bargain at $14.99. I would just recommend that you have an Xbox 360 controller for it, as it is nigh unplayable with a keyboard/mouse combo. Don't even try, not once. It is an absolutely great game, though, just be prepared for something more challenging than your usual action RPG fare.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Picked up Chivalry for just over £4 to go with my Skyrim, hopefully Dishonoured with appear in a flash sale or daily to drop a little bit more though will pick it up still if it remains £8.99 over weekend.

11. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Nice little stunt Value and/or 2K Games pulled with CivV: Brave New World. It just came out this week and was 10% off if you pre-ordered it - which I did only a few hours before that period ended.

Then before the week is out, they put it in as a flash sale at 33% in a big FU to the people that pre-ordered it.

:rolleyes:

I'm just venting, don't mind me... :)

12. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

So far just Don't Starve and Surgeon Simulator 2013 for me.

I was debating Grid 2 but that will likely go even lower in price in the next 6 months and my backlog is already huge.

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got Leviathan Warships based on the cool trailers. Also got the Portal bundle, Thomas Was Alone and Telltale's Walking Dead. Looking at also getting the Anno 2070 DLCs, but I have to see if I can get my retail version synced with Steam first.

Edit: I was thinking about Dark Souls, but the poster above give the impression its a lazy port, so I might not bother getting it for PC and just keep an eye out at the local EB store's bargain bin for a PS3 copy.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  14. Rincewiend

Steven:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  15. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Not a lot of use if you already own the retail version of Civ IV like I do. Just one of those things...

16. Bob The Skutter

Tropico 4 worth getting for a fiver?

17. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Ah, so that's why there was a copy of Civ 4 waiting for me. Thanks for the heads up, Rincewiend.

Although... I already have it. :borg:

I'm seriously considering it. Anyone have good/bad things to say about it?

18. Bob The Skutter

Decided to go with the Tropico Trilogy set and try the previous ones.

19. Rincewiend

Yeah, it's a fun game...

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

"INVETORY", heh.

Picked up Tomb Raider, the Blood Dragon DLC for Far Cry 3, and some of the games that are like $2 to $4 which can overwhelm my recent attempts to curb my hoarding ways.