‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That would depend on who you ask. I've been reading comic for 50 years, so my "drastic" might be different than someone who's been reading them for 10 or 20 years. The Guardians for example look nothing like my memories of the characters because they've changed alot since I last cared about those characters. Heck to me Vance Astro and his pals are the Guardians, not Starlord and his pals. But I loved the movie.

And why isn't Thor lame Doctor Don Blake? Where are the Stone Men from Saturn? Bucky's supposed to be a kid! No Ant Man and the Wasp? That's not the Avengers!!!! Tony's personality is all wrong!!!! He's not that much of dick!!! Hawkeye isn't an Agent of SHIELD! Why isn't he more of a dick? Black Widow was a villain back then! Where's the Mansion and Jarvis?

To most people Aquaman is the underwater guy who talks to fish. As long as Momoa's version includes something along those lines, I doubt people will care.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Why isn't Starlord an asshole from the near future? How come Drax isn't the reincarnation of a man called Arthur?

3. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

:lol::lol: Yeah, no. These are the most classic comic iterations from "that other movie comapny":

[​IMG]

Let me know when they actually appear in a Marvel movie. Marvel Studios mocked classic Cap while Sony studios gave us the most faithful version of a Marvel costume ever.

MCU fans love to tout how faithful the MCU versions are to the comics. They're not. They are no more faithful to their comic roots than Sony's Spider-Man or Fox's X-Men / Fantastic Four costume or storywise. They have been changed to fit the screen as much as every other comic adaptation done by companies that were not Marvel. MCU fans ignore this because, hey Marvel Comics has a studio.

For everyone wanting a "classic" Joker look on the big screen, there's already been one, this guy:
    [​IMG]

This is the character responsible for the Joker's look and the creators of the Joker have acknowledged this. Here's the full movie if you're interested:
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCD7YgK2Adk[/yt]

4. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

What makes the Joker so interesting is that part of his very character is that he radically changes himself depending on the times. Having him appear like he's out of the 1960s would actually be a disservice to the character.

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

They're not trying to connect with "us." They've pretty much got "us." They need to connect with the rest of the world.

They also, BTW, really want to make the work interesting for themselves. That gets overlooked most of the time.

7. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

If Aquaman doesn't ride his giant seahorse I am going to call BS on this movie!

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Is BvS news so slow that we're discussing a character from a different movie that has its own thread?

9. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

Are people REALLY that excited about this film?

Man, I'm just not feeling it at all.

Even though I've loved Superman and Batman all my life. I think it's because I thought MOS sucked and it's the same people involved making the movie.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

People need to separate "this movie looks bad to me" and "this movie will do bad because I don't like it."

11. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yes.

Because Man of Steel was great. :techman:

12. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

Interesting. Exactly who said that the movie will do bad because "I don't like it"? Pretty illogical considering no one has seen it that I am aware of.

I know I said I wasn't excited because I did not like the previous film, but that's not the same as saying the movie will do bad because "I don't like it", as you put it.

13. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not really. I'm definitely intrigued by the premise but then again, I'd be intrigued by the premise of Superman fighting zombies (probably more so). I suspect it will simply end up being lots of "dark" brooding dialogue followed by "i can't actually see what's going on" action.

I fully expect buildings to get ever so slightly damaged at some point (by superheroes inconveniently being thrown through them). Hopefully they'll do a joke where some slacker celebrates not having to go to work because his place of work no longer exists (but it seems unlikely with the tone they're going for)

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

As a big MOS fan I have to admit I'm not super excited for BvS at the moment..... but that's only because I'm in such a huge Episode 7 mood right now, and that's completely overshadowing everything else out there (including Avengers, Ant-Man, Bond, etc).

But once SW is out of the way I'm sure I'll be more than ready for BvS.

15. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Not as much as I should be for a movie about Batman Vs Superman. But I can't get excited by anything directed by Zack Snyder.

16. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Not to mention that something that bright and colorful wouldn't have fit the mood of the story being told at all.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not a fan of the new Joker look at all. I just think they went a little to far with the tattoos and the bad teeth. I don't have problem with them changing things, I love Moma's Aquaman look for example, but I just don't like this look for Joker.

As for BvS, I wasn't that impressed by the trailer, so that took my enthusiasm down a few notches. I did like MoS, so I'm not going to totally write of the movie, but it's fairly low on my list of anticipated movies right now.

19. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

I think it's important to remember it was just a teaser. I was not completely sold on TFA till this latest trailer, the original teaser did nothing for me. I have a feeling as we see a little more people might be more excited.

As for Joker. Looks scary and to me good.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I don't really mind the tattoos on the Joker but I can't say I am a fan of what they have done with is teeth. I think it will detract from that classic maniacal Joker grin.