Pegg updates on script

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Mar 25, 2015.

1. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I specifically went and watched F&F 4-6 after Lin was announced as the directorfor Trek 3, and he's an awesome action director, but he's also adept at juggling an ensemble cast. I agree, we're in good hands here.

2. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It will be [an original character], yes. This is the five-year mission now, we’re out there. We don’t always have to keep bumping into the same people… So we’re gonna try and reflect that in the movie.

Source:screencrush/

Oh, yeah! Now you’re talking! ;)
    I always said that. New movie, new characters, new story.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want Elba to be Uhura's long-lost (at least according to the ancient novel The Starless World) father, Alhamisi.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like this news. It's exciting!

5. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought about that too...
    (in her bios from the star trek app they don't mention he's lost in this reality.)

he could play her father or brother (though, Elba is like 6 years older than Zoe :lol:)

probably won't be. If her dad is the villain it will feel like Carol and admiral Marcus all over again. It would feel like all the girls have bad fathers too. lol

6. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

That was not always the case, though. When Marvel comics were first published in Germany (via Hit Comics), they actually very loosely translated all of the characters names and the Hulk became the Halk (for pronounciation reasons obviously), it wasn't until 1973 that the Hulk was spelled Hulk.
    And no, the word Übermensch is tainted by the NS regime the same way words like Endlösung are. You wouldn't call Superman that. Well, the Zach Snyder version, murdering hundereds of people single handedly destroying Metropolis while the 'bad guys' want to move the fight out of the city, maybe. But that wasn't Superman anyway.

7. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yes, that was. :cool:

8. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about a take on "The Ultimate Computer" with Idris Elba as Dr. Daystrom?

That would take the new Trek movie franchise in an interesting, different direction than the old larger-than-life villain schtick.

Kor

9. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

An interesting idea. Personally, I think it would be a fun twist to have Daystrom sent out with the Enterprise to recover a probe he designed that might be in disrepair in order for the data to be saved. Except, the probe was started its own civilization and treats Daystrom like a god.

You get a Prime Directive conflict, a potential for a genius/madman villain, and Kirk forced to make a decision regarding a civilization that could pose a threat to the Federation.

Plus, things could explode ;)

10. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish I could contact Pegg to tell him that, if he wants a Vulcan in the new movie, he should go with Soval.

[​IMG]

11. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I liked Soval and T'pol. They were both played with that fine balance between strictured Vulcan (ala Tuvok), and the more casual way that Nimoy (GRHS) and Quinto played Spock.

12. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Just watched Pegg as "Benjy" in MI4 last night, and he said not a word about the script for ST-WTH.

Fact.

I crack myself up.

Sorry.

13. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

15. glenniebun

glenniebun Commander Red Shirt

It does seem awfully compressed, though. I just hope it comes together as a proper release for the 50th anniversary. Oh well--no use fretting, unless you're Simon Pegg.

16. fireproof78

The Hobbit

Van Helsing

The Star Wars trilogy

The Star Wars prequel trilogy

Star Trek 2009.

To name a few just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more, and many other films have dealt with worse. I keep referring to TWOK because that preproduction process sounds absolutely nuts, and yet came together very well.

I have every confidence in this team.

17. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

wasn't one of the drafts of star trek 2009 written back in 2007? (and the movie is pretty much like that script)

18. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I'm happy that there is a full draft done. I'm sure something can be pretty much locked by the time shooting starts - and even then, as noted, tweeking will continue.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

"No script! No budget! This film will never get made!" etcetera etcetera

I'm sure they'll come up with the goods.

20. fireproof78

Partially due to the fact there was a writer's strike during production of the film.