What did you like about Nemesis?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Amaris, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably stylistic choices, or they just didn't have the right gear to make a set of goggles for Worf that would look anything other than silly.

J.

2. SRFX

SRFX Captain Captain

Dorn spent a lot of his time facing in the other direction.

Or maybe he thought goggles were wussy? I have been dune buggy-ing and I have never needed goggles! :P

3. QuasarVM

QuasarVM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmmm...I liiiked....

Naaah...

4. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

The Enterprise E sustaining battle damage. I LOVE battle damage.

5. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Protection for klingon eyes from dust and debris? I'm sure he'd reply with something in regards towards perhaps wearing a bicycle helmet and knee pads too.

He'd be mocked out of the Klingon Empire if he wore them.... in fact, he's lucky they didn't hear about him using a space suit in First Contact :lol:

6. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As it goes for what I liked about the movie, there's a lot. First starters would be the whole reflection on what you could have become, ie: Picard's situation...... The tricky concept of Data downloading all of his memories and experiences into b4 prior to being destroyed (Thus a Spock and Bones situation again perhaps), tieing up the loose end of Riker and Troi's relationship, the battle scenes, the intro on Romulus, etc. etc. I was impressed personally.... sure better way to end the TNG movie saga then ending it with Insurection.... jeez.

7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's weird how we let this slide but suggesting that you're only 99.9% happy with Trek XI will see you set upon from all sides by the fan equivalent of a herd of velociraptors.

8. Amaris

No. To me, while I am working to accommodate this movie a little more than I did in the past, I feel Star Trek XI is far superior in many ways. I love The Final Frontier, despite it's flaws. For me, it all boils down to the characterizations.

Now c'mon guys, let's focus on Nemesis here instead of bringing in issues with other movies.

J.

9. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

When we're talking about science fiction there has to be more then just characterizations otherwise why do science fiction?

Oh, I forgot to add that I consider Nemesis to be the best of the TNG films.

10. Amaris

When I say that, though, I'm referring to my choices between Star Trek XI, TFF and Nemesis.

J.

11. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

I heard straight from Q that there ARE no good NG movies.
    :guffaw:

Seriously, I liked Troi & Riker finally tying the knot, the music was top notch, production design was cool...

12. RyanKCR

RyanKCR Vice Admiral Admiral

And you believe everything Q says?

13. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    I am pleasantly surprised to see that this thread has been as popular as it has been since it was first posted not too long ago.

14. Chrisisall

I don't know about you, but when Q commands me to pass along a message, I make it so.:eek:
    He demands a NG movie featuring HIM!:shifty:

15. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    It would be really epic to see John De Lancie featured in a new Trek movie, although he is older he could go with that as part of his characters continuing evolution through Trek.

16. Chrisisall

They could digitally play with that- didja see X-3?

17. Voyagerian

Voyagerian Commander Red Shirt

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone hates the film, huh?Fact proven. I for one have thankfully a broader view of all the movies, generally speaking, and I didn't fall off the catterpod truck yesterday, either!:bolian:I say less hatin', more luv around these parts,and it goes for all Trek..or am I just bein' too hippyish?This faction nonsense need to be jettisoned out an airlock, bros and sisters...but it starts with RESPECT, yo. Kin I git a YEAUH?

18. Chrisisall

19. Amaris

Who needs eyes? :D ;)

Yeah. Sometimes some good battle damage makes things a little more interesting.

:lol:

Real Klingons hold their breath! :D

Ah, me too. It's nice to see that we can all find some positive aspects to this movie. :)

J.

20. TheQman

TheQman Captain Captain

I was going to say "not much". But then I read the warning, lol.

Anyway, I liked the graphics and seeing the crew back together one more time.