Destiny trilogy - speculations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JoeZhang, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Destiny trilogy - pretty heavy spoilers

Overreact to a unsatisfying leisure item, apparently.

2. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy Dangerously Sexy Rear Admiral

I've advocated blowing the damned planet up a few times myself. As it is, Starfleet is a human-biased, earth prejudiced organization as it is. How better to teach those arrogant terrans a lesson than to destroy their precious planet, and who better to do it than their tiresome foes, the dreaded Borg! :D

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Destroying the Earth is a plot point that deserves to have other novels be deliberately INconsistent with.

Am I overreacting? Hell yeah - it's what I do best! Why shouldn't I? :p

4. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

:wtf:

Whatever it is, hopefully you won't do it to Poor Dominatrix Admiral Nechayev....

No kidding. Can you imagine what would happen if they'd killed off Optimus Prime?

I haven't read any of the trek books in ages. Mostly because I've spent most of the past two years broke trying to get my own career launched, but also because I find my interest waning. I certainly mean no disrespect to the current crop of writers -- I've met several of you and what little I do know about the books sounds interesting, but for me the glory days of the early 1990s were my favorite.

However, I would like to get back in to the books. I think the last ones I read were the two Khan books Greg Cox wrote. I was also very interested in Crucible, but there's just so much now that its hard to keep track. And, honestly, I don't know if its futile or not but it will be hard to top my favorite Trek novel -- Q-In-Law -- so I'm a bit hesitant.

That said, I hope the "leaked" plot points for this will prove to be inaccurate.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, but they brought him back. ;)

6. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Reset. LAME.

7. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

I've said it before. I'll say it again. You good folks have absolutely no idea what's about to happen in the Destiny trilogy.... :evil: :D

8. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

You are supposed to be on vacation. What are you doing here. Go lie on a beach and drink. :techman:

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah... they're assuming only one planet will be destroyed... :evil: :devil: :klingon:

10. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

I hear there's a Captain Dax in it. :cool:

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

They aren't going to blow up Earth. It will actually be a holodeck recreation and earth will actually be cloaked to make everyone think it was destroyed to protect it from the new xindi weapon. In the 31st Centruy the Doctor and 7 of 9 will discover the truth in a book called "William Shatner".

12. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, how many years after Before Dishonor does Greater than the Sum and the Destiny Trilogy take?

Because right now I'm having a little hard time with the idea of Ezri making captain possibly before Worf. I would rather see Worf as captain of the Defiant with Ezri as First Officer.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^They take place only a few months apart, but you have to realize that the DS9 fiction is set four years earlier than the TNG, and in all of that time Dax is moving up the command track. Worf, on the other hand, has only just barely returned to Starfleet after being an Ambassador for four years.

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Haven't read a Star Trek book in forever... but now I REALLY want to read this trilogy. You guys are great at propaganda.

15. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

David will probably be planning alot of unexpected twist and turns that are totally unexpected in this series we'll all be talking about them when these books come out. He enjoys keeping ;) us guessing as to what will be happening with this series.:rommie::evil:

16. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Well, the great thing about Crucible (apart from the fact that it's well, great!) is that it doesn't require knowledge of anything but onscreen Trek. You don't have to "keep track" of anything!

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

The Angel of Death just couldn't get enough with killing a few characters this time, he's gonna blow up entire planets?

That's the kind of body count that's going to make it impossible for anyone to ever top you... :p

18. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Been there. Done that.

:evil:

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Oh, that's silly. Someone could take out an entire solar system. Why stop there? A few galaxies or maybe an entire universe?

So no, it's not impossible to top that. :p

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Eh, it's different if it's not reset at the end, and is a planet we actually are familiar with. Destroy planet W from the XERT galaxy all you like, but blowing up the Earth counts for more. Especially since the body count would be heavy in characters we are already familiar with. Blow up eleventy trillion aliens from the Rth dimension, less impact on the reader (and the future of the storyline).