Expecting Trailer?/Super Bowl Trailer is Live Now [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Nero's Shadow, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: My "self-geek-monitor" wouldn't let met go to 0.56%. For what it's worth I never wish to be part of the 99.44% pure, anyway. ;)

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Trekmovie:

The commercial is leading to more buzz from the movie. Currently it is the second highest rated Super Bowl XLVII commercial (of all commercials) at the Hulu Ad Zone. Voters in a poll at Cinemabland are also ranking the spot as a close second (behind Fast & Furious 6). The sports site Bleacher Report has ranked Star Trek Into Darkness ad as the best Super Bowl spot of the year, saying "this looks like it will be one of the biggest movies of the summer." Over at Film School Rejects they rated the spot as one of their "winners" saying how the ad "promises it all in only half a minute." The Guardian (UK) surmises says that the ad shows "there are hints JJ Abrams Follow-up to his 2009 Trek reboot will build on the success of the first film." However it isn’t all positive buzz – USA Today’s Survey has the Star Trek spot ranked in the middle of the pack.

http://trekmovie.com/category/startrek12/

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can't read whole thread, need to know right now.. what city is it in the trailer?

4. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

Two cities - San Francisco and London.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

THANK YOU that is what I thought, someone else told me it was NYC.

6. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Nah.

Assuming the Enterprise remains intact during a uncontrolled reentry, and putting the density somewhere around dense rock (space alloys...who knows) a 700 meter object striking the Earth at 45 degrees would make a crater 6.5 kilometers wide by 500 meters deep. If you lived within 100 miles away you'd feel a magnitude 7 earthquake 20 seconds after impact.

http://www.purdue.edu/impactearth/

7. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

From the trailer it seems more or less like a controlled crash landing to me, so why would they destroy anything but some buildings? It's not as if the Enterprise is just falling from the sky like some kind of meteorite or comet. She doesn't hit Earth like a bullet, she is crash landing!

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

But all that doesn't anti-matter!