Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I think what we mean but I'll say me in particular, means the amateur fan version blends the voiceover dialogue + footage together to form a tighter narrative and tone for the film.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, since they had to blend stuff off a screen with the officially released stuff it is bad on a technical level, but artistically it's my favorite. It seems to me at least, that it gives us the best feel of what the movie will be like.

3. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Despite some quality problems it does give me a good indication of the look, feela nd tone of the movie and so far it is meeting my high expectations.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Clearly you gotta know someone.

In the Biblical sense of the term.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This just makes me want to see more. I wonder when we're going to see those Entertainment Weekly photo shoot results that were done a couple of months ago? Costner, Adams, and Cavil were all present for them. I would have thought they would have come out with the issue coinciding with "The Dark Knight Rises" release but I haven't seen anything yet.

6. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Remember the XM:First Class poster fiascos? :lol:

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looking like - not. :lol:

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/henry-cavill-on-man-of-steel-s-realistic-superman

9. Admiral_Young

Yeah he's not really saying anything new. It must be frustrating when asked by reporters about a role that no one will see for another year and that's wrapped in secrecy. You're basically limited with what you can talk about. I continue to get a "Batman Begins" vibe from this film though. Everything about how they seem to be handling the characters and Clark's "journey" seems like they're using the same story structure, which is fine by me and something that I had a haunch they would do.

I want another trailer already. :)

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Nothing new, but I like to give the thread a wee bump every now and again!

11. Captain Craig

Hoping for a real kick ass trailer with Skyfall or Hobbit that includes a good deal of the SDCC footage.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope it comes out with one of those. I am definitely seeing them (well, unless everybody hates them), and I am dying to see more footage from MoS.

13. Admiral_Young

We most likely won't see the SDCC footage in an official capacity. That is akin to sizzle reel footage. There's a reason why it's SDCC Exclusive :) I'm thinking the trailers will also be done similar to how "Batman Begins" trailers were released.

14. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Not likely. Talk about a convoluted back story, yeesh.

16. Captain Craig

And Red Skull was in the Avengers Hero Clix sets, remember those rumors?

This seems like a similar situation.

17. Admiral_Young

I wouldn't read too much into this "story".

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

There's a lot of figures, sets, and such in the Batman Lego sets that's hardly indicative of what's going on in the Nolan Batman movies. I think trying to make judgments about a movie a year away from released based on toy tie-ins is... Not a way to get good information. Keep in mind the Lego figurine for Superman still has the gold belt and red trunks.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Yeah. Remember, they released Skrull figures as part of the Avengers movie tie-in action figure line.

20. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Black Zero was more than just that silver age villain. In the John Byrne reboot, the Black Zero was a Kryptonian terrorist organization like Al Queda; their supposed cause was the fight for clone civil rights (Krypton at the time using clones to harvest organs). The final act of the Black Zero was to fire a sustained nuclear beam into Krypton's core in order to destroy the planet, but an ancestor of Jor-el stopped the beam. Unfortunately, the damage was done, and this eventually led to Krypton's destruction.

The new Superman movie seems to feature Phantom Zone criminals, so it's not far fetched to believe that Supes will face members of the Black Zero who were exiled. In this continuity, we may even find that Zod is part of the Black Zero.