PStewart confirms there was a Star Trek 'Avengers' script post Nemesis

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Khan 2.0, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: PStewart confirms there was a Star Trek 'Avengers' script post Nem

^^ Why not? Star Wars has already jumped on the Marvel Cinematic Universe bandwagon. Perhaps it's only just begun.

2. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think these are good points. to follow up, these days animation that skews older is still a niche market, but one important difference from the 70s, when ST: TAS was around, is that it's a much more profitable niche market than it was 40 years ago. Can it appeal to non-hardcore fans? Maybe, if the powers that be play their cards right, but the overall nerd culture (Trek and otherwise) has a lot more disposable income now than ever before.

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

He says that now, but he was once also quoted as saying he never wanted to put that Klingon head on again after "Nemesis". At a convention he explained that decades of wearing it meant the glue had permanently damaged the skin around his temples.

4. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

All the more reason to have an animated series. An animated Worf voiced by Dorn wouldn't need glue to keep a prosthesis in place.

--Sran

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

An animated series crossover would be something I'd love to see...

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

About the only way it could happen today.

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ FWIW, I've only read the Starnerverse Mirror Universe trilogy novels and Ship of the Line books, so maybe this happens everywhere in Treklit, but the former books did an excellent job at bringing in characters from all the pre-ENT series (even the Andy Dick Mark II EMH and some Mirror Voyager crew members) together.

8. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Count me in for this idea, but I think that it would have to be done as a set of direct-to-video movies similar to the ones done by Marvel & DC Comics, and done in the same way as those movies as well (CGI could be done, but my gut fear is that they will be done as Pixar-style movies that would defeat any serious ambitions in the plots of any of them.) Best for them to be done as cel/pen & ink instead.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  9. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It would have been .........glorious!

10. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think it would've been particularly hard to plot. Set in the late 24th Century. A composite crew of 7 or 8 brought together from TNG/DS9/VOY. Admiral Picard tasked with getting whoever in Starfleet is available, suitable to the mission, and fill the positions available. Mix it up, without any requirement for it to be any single entire series cast. Parachute in those who've no experience with each other and make them work together. O'Brien never appeared on the big screen, so I'd take him away from teaching to handle Engineering. Seven, now a Science Officer, probably. Flip a coin for Security. Tuvok gets it. Worf shows up Captaining a Klingon ship instead. Data was toast, but nothing preventing a brief B-4 appearance.

Assemble them onboard the Enterprise-E. Cameos for those outside that core of characters thrown together, as long as they drive the story forward. A stopover at Deep Space Nine to pick up a dignitaries. So the station appears, if not whoever's there now. Spock still on Romulus, trying to prevent new hostilities posed by a current crisis. There's a flashback to something the cast of ENT caused. Historic records found, the antagonists are hoping will split the Federation apart. Probably faked evidence, refuted by an eye-witness. Have a 200 year old Shran who show up at the story's climax.

As I say, not hard to plot a story that takes in different iterations of Star Trek and be plausible. Getting anybody who isn't already familiar with this universe to care, somewhat harder... Easier a decade ago, when it was still a going concern on TV. Turned it into a special to celebrate the 40th Anniversary. Nemesis' poor reception put pay to such a thing happening at the cinema.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Try writing a good feature film script and then get back to us about how "not hard to plot" it is.

12. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you kindly for the job offer, Maurice. You're a real inspiration. Wish everybody on the net were like you.

So... start Monday then, shall I? :p