Treklit Wish List

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterpriserules, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Slyvon

Slyvon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Definitely agree with you guys on the DS9/Sisko line. Those are characters that deserve their own book line! I'd like to see someone like S.D. Perry who had success with the expanded line, be given a chance to rework those characters.

2. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

It was contracted as a trilogy, not a duology. She completed a draft of the first volume of the trilogy, but likely never got beyond outlining the other two volumes. She shared her draft of Vol. 1 with some inquisitive fans. It was quite short, and still a bit rough, but nothing a round of rewrites couldn't have fixed. Alas, now that she's passed, it's not litely to ever see the light of day in any form.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought of something else I would like to see.
    Something that does for the Cardassians, Romulans, Ferengi, and maybe some of the other major races, what IKS Gorkon/Klingon Empire did for the Klingons. I know we've gotten a bit of exploration of the Cardassians and Romulans in some recent books, but I would love to see some books that follow a crew on one of their ships the same way IKS Gorkon followed a Klingon ship's crew and most of the other books follow the Starfleet crews.

4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always got the sense that the Maximum Warp duology was a 'backdoor pilot' for just such a series about the Romulans, much like Diplomatic Implausibility served as one for the Klingons.

5. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Really? I've only read the majority of the first one before I gave in and read something else instead. That series wasn't doing it for me. My memory is kind of hazy. Was it ever really the plan, or is it just the way you saw it?

6. ryan123450

Well thats the way I saw it, especially since those books came out back to back with Diplomatic Implausibilty. But I've always wondered if that was really the case or just me. Maybe KRAD or one of the other authors knows.

7. Paris

^I'm sure KRAD would know.

I kind of thought we were going to be getting some things from the Romulan perspective in Vanguard after I read some scenes with that Romulan ship in Summon The Thunder. I thought maybe we'd see some things from the shadows in their perspective during the run of Vanguard. I'm not even sure what ended up happening to them. I haven't read Summon The Thunder in a few years now...

8. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

I forget exactly, but their ship gets damaged and since they're nowhere near Romulan space, they agree to drift to their deaths under cloak so as not to be discovered by the Federation. One of the few things I disliked about Vanguard, as I thought they Romulan Commander was a good character.

9. Paris

Ah. Of course. How TOS-era Romulan of them ;)

10. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

The commander's mother is a senator, and she's followed up on in the Romulan story from Seven Deadly Sins. :)

11. Paris

Cool. Thanks Nasat. I haven't read the stories in Seven Deadly Sins yet. I'll be sure to check them out soon :techman:

12. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

It was just you. :) Maximum Warp was never intended to be anything other than the two books.

Hell, Diplomatic Implausibility wasn't intended to be the start of a series, but it worked out that way. :)

13. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Has anyone here besides me ever wanted a follow-up to VOY: "Blink of an Eye"? I mean seriously, if Kelemane's species went from stone age to (near) warp age in one regular day, then how far can they go?

14. ryan123450

Thanks for clarifying that for me, Keith.

15. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

A Ships of the Line book that isn't a repeat of what we've seen in the calendars. I have all of the calendars, so why would I spend my hard-earned $ on a book that repeats the same? Would like to see a book of NEW renderings, and a good-sized book at that.

16. BobtheGunslinge

BobtheGunslinge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would love to see a Trek Lit Technical Manual or Encyclopedia. I would love to see plans and schematics for the ships from Titan, Vanguard, the late 24th century (Aventine, Merian, Klag's ship, etc.), as well as the gear that Starfleet Engineers or DTI agents might use in their jobs. It would be nice to habe a timeline and an update on all the main powers in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. I would love to read about Starfleet's diplomatic protocols for first contacts, hostage situations or de-escalating a conflict, and I want to see lots of Retief-style flavor with precise dress uniforms for each occasion and everything up to the recommended hors d'oeuvres for liaising with each major species. Basically, I want an everything-background book that isn't just a rehash of older material like the Enterprise Owner's manual turned out to be.

Also, a series following a Romulan crew on a D'Deridex (until they blow it up and get a Valdore) would be amazing. If they could encounter a lot of Trek tropes--space jellies, god-like aliens, crazy plagues, amok computers, holodecks, time loops, but settle them in a distinctly non-Starfleet manner, I would be very happy.

17. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I do hope that one point the Hobus situation will be adressed.

Other then that....

Some more Lost Era.
    I suppose the Ascendents story, but it's been so long now.
    More Sisko. I think that the character is in the best place of his life he has been since we first met him. Even though he started to accept the lose of Jennifer and move on, so many other things in his life burdened him. Becoming a religious figure, trying to raise his son in a hostile enviroment, working to get Bajor into the Federation, the Maquis, the Klingons, the Dominion, going to the Temple, returning, a few more years of struggle, marital problems.... Now, he is captain of a ship, his family is finally happy and together, no more Emmisary, he has a mission he's interested in (exploring). Sure, some things might be brewing for his daughter, but we'll see. Sisko has always been my captain, and one of my favorite characters. So yeah, curious about that.
    More DS9-II. I'm looking forward to really getting to know the place and some of the new crew.
    Other then that, seeing what's on the horizon sofar, I think I'm getting most of what I'd like to see. :)

18. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

^ I too want more Sisko. He's been sidelined as a character for too long.

19. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Maybe I'm just too impatient, but where's the follow-up to the Kira Nerys/Altek Dans plot from The Fall - Revelation and Dust?

20. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

^ Oh I am hoping this comes soon! This is why the revival of DS9 as a book series is so important to me. Would really like to see what happened to her and make Sisko the person who finds out!