Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The renting era"

Do you mean physically going to a shop, or does payperview-streaming count as still the renting-era, I know you were talking about your own personal era, but I can see this being a reference to the development as us as a society no different than the pushbutton-age or the tvdinner-age.

The only movies I haven't seen are Lethal Weapon 1 and Top Gun.

I have seen every other movie ever made.

2. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

That's pretty impressive.......what's your favorite....and least favorite?

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

And I believe you.

I have seen about half of Top Gun, I was trapped somewhere when it was on.

I mean the rental era of physically going to a shop. I never paid for any streaming, I don't know if we even have that kind of thing.

A lot of my huge gaps in movies/tv I blame on rewatching. I'm a cud chewer. I've had to drag myself off my rewatching Trek kick to watch new stuff, I'm doing Farscape next :lol:

I spent the video era immersed in these:

[​IMG]

I've got that, several different copies of THX-1138, the first two seasons of TOS, V and Dinotopia on video, everything else I've given away.

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I don't even spend most of my time in the Voyager forum... I just so happened to pick this thread up at the beginning, and decided to stick with it all the way to the end. Of which you are almost there. Congrats!

5. Guy Gardener

I was trapped with that shit for a while.

TRAPPED!

The worst movie ever made is The Doom Generation

6. tighr

Found another Joe Carey post, this one #211 from way back in the first episode of Season 3! Clearly he was alive at the time of the post, but has since died in Season 7, literally 4 episodes from the end of the series.

Such a bullshit way to go for Carey. Janeway is such a bitch.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Glad you ended up liking the show, even though it took five years to get to your favorite seasons, 6 and 7.

I still think VOY seasons 4-7 was pretty much the same thing. The show found its identity when Seven arrived and it stopped changing.

TNG was the same way. Every season after season 3 feels like a sequel to that year. Season 4 was S3 part 2, Season 5 was S3 part 3, etc...

8. teacake

I had a dream this morning about Carey. I was sitting in my local Vietnamese place studying the menu trying to decide between rice or noodles. Rice or noodles, rice or noodles.. (in reality I always pick noodles) it seemed like a big decision but all of a sudden the plastic photo menu was a picture of Carey on one page and Kim on the other. And the choice was no longer rice or noodles but who to kill off in season 7, Carey or Kim. And I had this huge revelation that killing off Kim was the inspired choice because it would have way more emotional impact since he was a regular crew member, Tom's friend etc..!! And I was saying to myself "four episodes from home and Kim dies, now that's brave! that's hard core! Wow!"

Really, they should have done that.

9. Guy Gardener

Other than the TNG episode with Josh Clark in it which some bright sparks insist is Joe Carey, above is the only mention of Carey in an episode which Joe didn't appear in.

So, it seems like he got 3 extra years than he was supposed to.

10. AdmiralScreed

1+ that idea. It would have been tragic......

11. tighr

I don't think its a spoiler at this point, but

Voyager gets home in the finale. (Sorry, Screed.) I would be curious if the finale would have been different if Kim had died in Friendship One instead of Carey. I don't want to spoil the specifics for Screed, but they could totally have killed Kim in Friendship One and then bring him back for the finale anyway. I'll elaborate once he's done watching Endgame.

They do manage to squeeze one more Neelix cameo in before the end of the series, which is ridiculously hilarious.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  12. teacake

I think you should spoiler hide that just in case Screed has been living in a cave.

13. tighr

I wasn't sure what part you thought was a spoiler, so I just spoilered all of it. He can read it if he wants, I don't really think it's that big of a spoiler.

14. AdmiralScreed

Oh, btw, I have another audition early next week, so my days/evenings will be extra busy until my audition is over with. Right now I anticipate I will watch the last three episodes either next Thursday or Friday. I'm super excited to see how the show ends, but also sad that it has to end right after I'm finally starting to enjoy it!!

15. Guy Gardener

I said this before, and I still mean it, but you have to stop. Stop now. Save yourself. You don't have to hammer the final nail into this coffin. You know that you will not be able to live with yourself after this... Stop, just stop. I wish some one had told me to stop but they didn't and I didn't and now I'm this. You don't have to be "this" too. Just stop. Stop.

16. teacake

Screed actually leaves this place so I don't think there's too much danger he'll end up on that Escher staircase some call conversation.

17. AdmiralScreed

Hey guys. It's been a busy week since I returned from my audition. I've been playing catch up with school and haven't had any TV time unfortunately. I'm hoping to finish Voyager sometime this week. Just thought I'd let you folks know in case anyone was wondering why it's been almost two weeks since I last posted in here.

18. Guy Gardener

It takes me two weeks to blink sometimes.

I do not believe that time for me is the same resource as it is to you.

19. tighr

It's been one week, I'm on pins and needles waiting to read the review of Endgame. PINS! NEEDLES!

20. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I haven't read this whole thread, but I think it's so cute and fun that you guys have been following Screed watch Voyager since 2011! Haha :D I am a Voyager fan and it took me about 2 months to finish the 7 seasons. I will be onto DS9 next (haven't seen it yet but I'll be watching on Netflix).

I love Voyager (unlike some Trek fans), but Endgame is one of my least favorites. Are there any Voyager fans out there who DON'T want to change how Endgame was made? lol