How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

There are spoilers ahead for the episode of How I Met Your Mother that aired on April 21st, so consider yourself warned.

So anyway, as you know, Barney slept with Robin. Do you think they should get into a full blown relationship at some point? I'd love to see something like that. I've been hoping for awhile now that Barney would ultimately end up with Robin. What would be even more interesting is if we find out that Robin is pregnant with Barney's kid. That would be one hell of an eye-popping moment and would no doubt add something interesting to the show.

What are your thoughts on the matter of Barney and Robin?

2. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

My assumption would be that they stay friends. But you never know, even He-Whores have to settle down some time, right?

Definitely a lot of comedic potential in there though. :bolian:

3. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This was a tragedy. Robin is forever defiled, now that she's done it with the sleazeball Barney. Now we really know why Ted will never marry Robin.

This is one of those things that can NEVER be made right again. Well, there is one way, but it would require Barney giving his life for Ted or Robin.

4. Small White Car

Small White Car Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They never stated it directly, but I always got the strong feeling that Robin and Barney are married in the future. Just the way that Bob Saget talks about both of them in the future. It's nothing concrete, but it always felt that way to me.

So this development didn't surprise me at all. I am a bit surprised to see that there are people here who felt very much the opposite.

5. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did anyone catch Future!Ted's comment about Robin in Monday's episode?

Part of his realization that the goat wasn't there for his 30th birthday was that it ate Robin's bath towels. As he realizes it, he says, "no, wait, Robin didn't live there back then," implying Robin moves into the apartment Ted, Lily, and Marshall currently live in sometime over the next year.

6. Agent Richard07

I never got the impression from Future Ted that they were married, but I was hoping that they were.

When I saw the episode, I didn't catch enough of what Ted said to deduce that Robin will move in with him, but I did catch the "oh, it was my 31st birthday" bit and knew that it meant something important. I like it when the show throws out hints about what's yet to come.

7. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Barney and Robin hooking up didn't totally appear out of the blue. We know they have great chemistry together as shown in the Battleship episode when Robin suited up and became Barney's wingman, and that Barney thinks she's hot without makeup on. Neither of them want to get married and settle down, so they work great together in that regard; a monogamous Barney might be kind of a hard sell though...

Future Ted has never mentioned the marital status of Future Barney and Future Robin, so it's not that farfetched to think they end up together.

As for the baby idea posted above, two words come to mind: Hell no.

8. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

When I saw the episode, I didn't catch enough of what Ted said to deduce that Robin will move in with him, but I did catch the "oh, it was my 31st birthday" bit and knew that it meant something important. I like it when the show throws out hints about what's yet to come.[/quote]

Yeah, I caught that, but hadn't absorbed the (or any) meaning from it. Well, I doubt the two will be a couple (romantically) again. Maybe, by Ted's 31st birthday, Marshall and Lily get their new place fixed and move into it. And somehow Robin ends up as Ted's roommate. How or why, at this point, is beyond me.

9. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I pretty much agree with Robin moving in to Ted's apartment, but somehow think that Ted, Marshall and Lily won't be there.

Baby idea: really bad for Barney & Robin, possibly okay for Marshall & Lily once they move out and into their own place. Marshall staying home, and Lily working.

Although a Robin pregnancy scare might work for an episode or two.

--Ted (but not "that" Ted)

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it definitely implied that a year from "now", Robin will be living in that apartment. There wasn't anything to say that Ted was there, though. She's either Ted's roommate, or Ted moved out and Robin took the apartment. I'd imagine they'd want to keep it because it's right above their favorite bar, so convenient as a central location.

Don't think it implies they are back together...

As for Barney and Robin, could go either way, I guess. Please no baby scares, though...

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good news guys... Sarah Chalke will actually be appearing as Stella in the next episode.

12. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:drool::drool:

Personally I love the story line of Barney and Robin I think it goes into the whole theme of HIMYM of late 20 somethings growing up. You know the womanizer who falls in love etc.

I think it will make a great story line of Robin teaching Barney how to be in a relationship.

But like I've said before if CBS cancels this show so help for the love XENU I will burn their head quarters down.

13. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As I pointed out to my wife, there could be a degree of comedy in Robin moving into the apartment while Ted is living there. Think about Ted taking back a girl to his apartment, only to learn his ex lives with him.

14. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

They've already covered that ground whenever anyone Ted's dating finds out about him and Robin. Her living in Ted's apartment isn't going to do much beyond what we've already seen.

15. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

Allow me to say that I love this show!

As for Robin living with Ted, I don't think it will be romantically with Ted. From episode 1, it's the story of how he met their "Aunt Robin"

As for Stella, I loved last night's episode! FIVE! :)

16. Tomato

I hope next week's Brittany bump will help the show. :(

It isn't doing to well in ratings.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I dunno, it seems to be doing just fine in ratings. Solid numbers, and been better since it came back from the strike, which is the opposite of how most shows have done. Switching places with TBBT, it's actually gotten a boost in ratings (proving, somewhat, that the 8:30 slot is just stronger than the 8pm slot)...

18. Agent Richard07

The season finale aired a few days ago. Anyone notice Barney and Robin looking at eachother near the end after Ted and Barney made up? Maybe it was nothing, but I noticed something.

By the way, I just found out that the episode title was "Miracles". As I was watching, I thought... What if this episode was called "Miracles" and what if one of those miracles was Robin revealing that she was pregnant? No, I'm not off this one yet. :p

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Not only were they just looking at each other, he kept doing it every time the rest of the group was asking about which things he loved that were flashing before his eyes when he got hit. It wasn't really subtle...

20. Tomato

^

Yeah the writers are really making sure we see that. I loved the episode and I wish they would stop with the Britney bump episodes. They are so not funny. But because of her we get a S4, and hopefully a S5 b/c they want it to go to syndication.

That's all I ask for.