Good FPS Games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Frontier, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Looking for suggestions of any good FPS (first person shooter) games out there. Preferably recent ones.

Especially if anyone remembers games like RTCW, RTCW: Enemy Territory, and knows of ones like them (doubtful).

Anyone play the latest Battlefield? How is it? Any good? I played BF:BC2 for a while. Then when BF3 came out I literally played it 3 times and never looked back. So I've been quite hesitant to spend $50 on BF4.

I've tried some smaller indie games, not taken with any of them.

Actually downloading RTCW:ET again, even if it is 10 years old it's a hell of a game.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a good one if you haven't already played it. It's a great game that was criticized for having boss fights that didn't take advantage of the different playstyles, but they've since come out with a new version of the game that fixes those problems. It's one of my favourite FPS games ever. The story is quite good with quite a bit of depth to it.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, DXHR is a good choice.

The Section 8 games are also pretty good. If you just like straight-up shootin' stuff, try Painkiller and/or Serious Sam.

There's also a new Rise of the Triad which is fun, although kinda mediocre.

4. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Another vote for Deus Ex Human Revolution. The directors cut just came out so you can get it with some extra content.

I've recently got into Battlefield 4 and I'm having a blast with it. I hear alot of bitching about the game crashing and people having issues with it but none of that has affected me. Keep i in mind though if you're considering the game.

Borderlands 2 is pretty awesome and can be got for very cheap on steam. If you're looking for some multi-player co-op fun you really can't do much better.

Call of Duty Ghosts sucks. Avoid that turd at all costs.

Bio-Shock Infinite was pretty fun, if disappointing. It's pretty cheap now though and worth considering.

5. Frontier

Forgot to mention I'm mostly into the on-line multi-player aspect of such. Does Dues Ex sport such?

I've actually re-installed RTCW:ET (again) and been playing it. It's 10 years old and there are still more people playing it than some other FPS that are a year old, lol.

It is awfully dated, though. But the nostalgia is fun.

They're making a new RTCW game for this summer, hope it's better than the last one in 2009 that was horrible...

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

No, I don't think it does. It's mainly a story-based FPS. What you do get though is an FPS/RPG with a great story.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  7. Frontier

Damn. For me half the fun is the people. Even if there are obnoxious ignorant 12 year olds telling me to blow them. :rolleyes::lol::eek: