Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't worry. Assuming she stays away from the cigarettes, I'm sure she'll age much better than Margot Kidder did. lol

2. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Well, actually, it's pretty obvious who was Shane Davis' model for Lois Lane.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not bad. Deb as Lois. I wonder if she sold her likeness similar to Samuel L Jackson.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'm just going to assume there was a ;) "winky Face" at the end of that post, and you were actually poking a jab at those concerned about how old she is :rommie:

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Jennifer Carpenter could easily pull off Lois but Amy Adams is the obvious bigger name.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think the studio wants an R-rated Superman.

"What the fuck, Clark? You're Super-fucking-man. Just rip Lex Luthor's dick off and use it to beat the shit out of him, already!"

That depends. Does Bad Bishop also post under the screen name Yoda? :p

7. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The answer is NO.

Earlier in the thread I stated that I liked Amy Adams. I paid to see her Julia Child flick in the theater. I even watched Leap Year on cable despite the reviews.

I didn't include the "winky" on purpose. I am just having a little fun with the age issue, though I still wish that the actress playing Lois was closer in age to Cavill.

To Christopher, I'm really not "ageist." My favorite actress of all, Diane Lane (age 46), has been cast as Martha Kent, and I could not be more delighted.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

No idea, don't pay attention to Alts and Board Politics :confused:

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Then you shouldn't make ridiculous and insulting cracks about being unwilling to look at women with "liver spots" even though they'd only be in their low 40s. If that was meant as a joke, it failed miserably.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Amy Adams will always be Princess Giselle to me...

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's already admitted his mistakes several times over the years, and really he doesn't need to apologize for "Superman Returns". It was classy of him to do so.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I don't think he needs to apologize either but as he states what he would do differently... tightening the first act is irrelevant to what he said later on.

14. Admiral_Young

I don't want this to turn into another "Superman Returns" debate (which is why I didn't bother to post that article here in the first place frankly) but really aside from Kate Bosworth as Lois and Kevin Spacey channeling Gene Hackman's Luthor my main problem is that instead of making an original Superman story, he chose to set this in a vague (using his own words here) continuation of the Donner universe. I think everyone was expecting a Bryan Singer Superman movie to be in it's own continuity. We got a sense of what an original story from him would be like but setting it in the DonnerVerse was a mistake I think. Other than that I think it's remarkable film. Not the film most fans wanted to see...but a remarkable film anyways.

Okay now that I've probably triggered three pages of Returns bashing I'll go away until it stops! :)

15. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sigh.

That's pretty much what I expected from you, one of the most humorless souls at TrekBBS. :p

16. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Beyonce (with a few exceptions) can't act her way out of a paper bag. Bosworth showed more class, daring, smarts, moxie, and guts as Lois Lane than anything else, just as much as Margo Kidder and Dana Delaney did, but without having to scream for help or being completely scared (look at the way she faced down Lex Luthor on-board the Gertrude, matching Luthor's words with hers, or the way she saved Superman after he saved her.) I doubt that Beyonce would have done better (then again, it was the way Lois was written in Superman Returns that brought out those qualities in Bosworth, most likely.)

Actress of color who could play Lois Lane:

Raven Symone

Zhang Ziyi

Kerry Washington

Sophie Okenedo

Regina King

Thandie Newton

Sanaa Lathan

Nia Long

Rachel True

Maya Rudolph

Sydney Tamiia Poitier

Salli Richardson

Rowena King

Rosario Dawson

Zoe Saldana

Tracee Ellis Ross

Leslie Silva

Carmen Ejogo

Nona Gaye

N’Bushe Wright

Rashida Jones

Essence Atkins

Victoria Rowell

Kellita Smith

Kristen Wilson

Sharon Leal

Persia White

Tatyana Ali (if she's still acting)

Naomie Harris

Megalyn Echikunwoke

Jennifer Hudson

Anika Noni Rose

Kandyse McClure

Grace Park*

Ming-Na Wen*

Maggie Q*

Jamie Chung*

Julia Ling

Smith Cho*

Brenda Song*

Vanessa Hudgens*

Kelly Hu*

*(I have listed Asian-American actresses because of the possibility of Sam Lane marrying an Asian woman, therefore making Lois [and possibily Lucy] also Asian!-Dusty;))

17. Admiral_Young

Kate Bosworth could have played a great Lois Lane if she weren't meant to be the Margot Kidder Lois.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

@Dusty Ayres
    I can see Lana Lang being asian. :p

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

And the same goes for Kevin Spacey's Lex. I never got why people complained about him channeling Gene Hackman's Lex when he was supposed to be playing the same character in the same continuity as Hackman. I woud've complained if he hadn't played Lex the same as Hackman.

20. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

...because there are so many Asians in rural farming communities?