Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trekker4747, Dec 31, 2012.

1. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

They could release a DLC extension using the same assets but apparently they're not interested in doing that.

2. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just picked up the survival edition, will play this one in a few days and let peeps know my feelings.

As an aside on these collectors editions, they are getting worse. I like the figurine of Lara, but the soundtrack is a DLC coupon where they used to be a CD or in some cases a LP, and the "art book" is a cut down advert for the real art book sold seperatley, again you used to get the full thing.

minor gripes

3. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thought I'd post here just to say that I got the game a few weeks ago and just recently finished a 100% run. This is easily one of the best games I've played in a while. The story was exciting and engaging, the combat and exploration were fun, and damn if Yamatai wasn't pretty.

My only real complaints are that I wish there were more random encounters during postgame exploration and one particular QTE sequence that was a real bitch and a half. The one with the river and then the parachute.

As for the Collector's Edition thing, yeah. ME3 was the same way. You got a download for most of the OST, a small comic that was just an ad for more comics and a tiny artbook that was just an ad for the bigger artbook. What makes it worse is that the artbook didn't even cut the text that refers to images that aren't in the CE one. Guess this sort of thing is just a modern trend, sadly.

4. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Same here. It's so frustrating to finally get the stuff to fully upgrade my weapons when there's no one to fight.