Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Amaris, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, before I went to bed last night, it was being all wonky on my Xbox. It had been working fine earlier in the day. Hopefully it's working again now, but I haven't checked it yet.

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Nope. I see combined Dexter, Pawn Stars, Jersey Shore, The Tudors, and Californication. Most of the others were completed series, though (with all seasons available via streaming).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm getting lots of rebuffers today.

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It seems to be working fine for me. Though, there was a glitch in which it was hard to delete more than one show at a time (from the online queue) a few days ago.

5. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was fine after a half hour or so for me. I had to enter and exit and reload a few things.

Does anyone else have the fancy features with search, the recommends, recently watched, and new listings for every genre? All that is nice, but that seems to be when a lot of our issues began with that upgrade. My husband says the roku box gets slower and slower for him and needs to buffer more. Did Netlfix put too much content with too many subscribers before all of it could be fully handled?

I know there are rights windows and issues and such, but I don't see why certain programs just can't remain streaming or available indefinitely. If they are trying to consolidate seasons, you would think they were moving to some sort of longer archive streaming. Yet we know that huge change is coming April 1. Besides, don't you hate it when they will have a series streaming, then have one or two episodes as disc only? IF they are bulking series, they better eliminate that crap.

Comedy Central Presents was listed as somethign like 200 episodes, but that is not a season by season show you need to watch in episode order. I could see if something like 'History's Mysteries' or other documentary series were grouped together, but serial, dramatic programming should not be. Can you imagine if they did something dumb and put everything from a show like 'Masterpiece Theatre' together?! Come on now.

6. Amaris

I had that glitch a few weeks ago. I'd delete one, it would take it's time, refresh, then I could delete another. It would take about a minute apiece for each title, which is a headache if you have 400+ titles.

Yeah, I have the 1st Generation Roku box, and trouble didn't start until version 2.9 build 1529 came about. Once that did, everything started going nuts. I don't run all the fancy stuff because it slows everything down, but even so, I have a lot more rebuffers, titles that simply won't play, and other little glitches here and there. What sucks is that if you visit the Roku forum, they're tight lipped about what's going on, and this has been going on for at least 5 weeks, since the initial build update.

As for bulking, yeah, that irritates the piss out of me. Family Guy Season 8, for example, is only half a season in streaming, and it's been that way since they put it up there. It looks like they consolidate a few more. Married with Children is now one huge block of episodes, and so is Newsradio.

7. KB24

Is there any outside source documentation about these changes and upgrades and complaints? My husband says there's been nothing on Hacking Netflix, which is usually on top of all the issues.

We were thinking about getting a new roku, too, just to see if ti would make a difference.

8. Amaris

I'd wait on the Roku. It seems that right now, every device but Roku is working properly. I love my little Roku box, but it is getting frustrating when I see Netflix stream flawlessly on PC, Wii, XBOX, PS3, a hundred different blu-ray players, and it just won't work right for my Roku box, and yeah, Hacking Netflix is lacking any information, the Netflix Blog is lacking info, the Netflix Community (Ning) has nothing on it. Roku's support forum is all over it, but it's just schlubs like us trying to figure out what's going on, with no official word in dozen of pages regarding this latest event.

9. KB24

Yes our roku was fine until they added all that other mess, so when some things won't play, we switch the the PS3 stream or our other blu-ray player. My husband was interested in the new boxee, but I talked him out of it. I just don't like that one.

Any other time the slightest problem usually makes all kinds of internet tracks. Go fig. Honestly, this is why I really miss all the friends and community features!

Does anyone else think their disc service has dropped a nod now in the push for streaming? A lot of our discs end up damaged, we suspected there was something going on with our mail since there was a delay in turnover and the envelopes were damaged, and since I lean towards a lot of obscure stuff, about half my queue is always on a wait of some kind.

Then again, sometimes I can't keep up with everything I want to watch. I would cut my cable if I didn't watch so many sports. Maybe I'll be super pleased and excited again when they get all that CBS content. Maybe I can watch some things that got blocked on my Hulu thanks to their push towards the Plus subscription. Right now I'm just trying to finish Buffy!

10. Amaris

Yes, and I dropped their disc service completely. Netflix is now making a push for streaming, because it is vastly cheaper than DVD mail service.

11. KB24

Today the roku is working fine, go fig. Naturally it also seems our blu-ray service is on the down low. They are so sensitive and always come scratched up and always freeze up or won't play. I suppose that is also a catch-22 for them, where the new hardware doesn't hold up as well as DVD does in the mail. I like the instant of streaming, but sometimes you want the disc or the features.

Again, features and extra content were supposed to be coming to Instant Watch just like the individual queue options. Netflix looks like its the most, yes the top of the line in the market, but it is also starting to be unable to handle the monster its created! :)

12. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

That's what SHE sai--

Nah. Never mind.

I don't sweat losing my instant watch. I don't get to use it very often.

13. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I don't believe it has anything to do with any new content incoming. More likely that the Whedon shows are on the same contract as 24, X-Files and other Fox related shows that also expire on April 1st. I'm not 100% sure, but I think most of them came on at about this time last year, so it probably was a one year agreement.

As for the original problem of the OP, sounds to me like the content may have been offline, so it would have removed from all queues, then became available again, so it came back onto the queue, just out of order. Probably all went to the saved streaming area, then came back.

14. KB24

Some of my series are now showing up as bulked, but not all. I still haven't heard many concrete details about what caused the total netflix glitch. What the heck are they doing over there?

15. Amaris

Good question.

16. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

17. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

18. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Fucking hell! Do you mean that after April 1st, I cannot watch BtVS or Angel or X-Files on Netflix anymore??!!

Jesus. And this means I can't watch Firefly either. I was going to go on to that next! :( :(

19. Amaris

There's no availability date on any of the Whedon titles I have, including Firefly. I'm hoping they're not going!

20. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

It still doesn't say anything on the Website, but if you use Xbox 360, underneath the image of the Tv show/movie. it will say "Until April 1, 2011"