Does Voyager end up in its original universe?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Melakon, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Since we never see what happens in the 24th century after "Endgame", it's unclear what 15 or 20 years' worth of advanced technology did to Starfleet. And Annorax's timeship must have put them through several realities before the temporal shields, but those actions seemed to be locally isolated rather than universal events.

Captain Kathryn, don't mention A*****k on this board!

And watching anything on the computer is pretty much worthless right now since I don't have working sound.

3. Captain Kathryn

Ohhhhhh ok. Nevermind~~ I just wanted to help.

4. Melakon

As Cloud William would say, it's a worship word. Around here, we do not speak it.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

You can also watch it and all 160 voy eps (I just noticed) at Startrek.com and so no ethical challenge to overcome!

http://www.startrek.com/watch_episode/Xqkte2oV7_FM

(And yes, I have it running as we speak! :guffaw:)

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

All of which were set back to normal by the end of whichever episodes they appeared in. "Year of Hell" included.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it a speaker problem? Headphones might be the solution.
    It wasn't quite the same - at the end of YoH, it's a universe with no Krenim superweapon ship, and possibly none of the damage it had been doing for 300 years - and as we saw in the episode, each erasure has huge and far-ranging repercussions. So it can't be the same timeline/reality/universe as we started in, even if it was one that was "close enough"

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Give my regards to Captain Dumbass." - Red "Annorax" Forman

Then again, how do we know that the timeline as of the start of the series wasn't that same one (where the time ship will never be built)? For all we know, the trouble doesn't start until the episode does.

That being said, Kurtwood Smith sure seems to like playing guys who have shitty luck with time travel. 12:01 PM, anyone?

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Kes' corpse from season one is still in sickbay when they get home, and was there in every episode that we watched after they had been there for 60 days?

10. Melakon

Yes, my current speakers don't seem to match the audio outs on this machine. I know I need earphones, but keep forgetting to look for them on my every-other-day grocery trips to the store. I'll have to make a trip specifically to get them, though I'll still walk out with more than I went in for. I've already been to the store today, though I may need cigarettes later, so a second trip might be possible if it's not dark.

Corpse from season one?! Maybe I should start with that season instead of five.

11. Guy Gardener

It's a time travel episode from season 6 that will make you angry.

Meanwhile...

You know 11:59 that episode where Janeway obsesses over how the stories she was told growing up about her ancestor from 1999 were wrong?

But just three years earlier...

The Captain from the same ship can't have two completely different childhoods.

12. Melakon

Holy crap. Maybe Chakotay's descended from my ex-wife's brother. They were one quarter Pawnee, and he taught at Tonto Basin, AZ.

13. Captain Kathryn

Oooooo nice. If my Netflix ever doesn't work I am so watching it there. :D :D :D

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's cool, I know startrek.com used to have lots of eps up but once when I looked for them to give someone the link they.. didn't.

NOW EVERYONE it's all there, get cracking!!

And bbjeg I will watch Angel after I finish Buffy (no spoilers please!!). I don't like Angel the character at all, just like I didn't like Bill Compton at all but I am of course a completist and also excited because I've heard so many people say it was great.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  15. Melakon

Okay, I now have headphones that will work with this computer. And bought enough nicotine to get me through tomorrow. I'll try to watch "Relativity" later tonight.

16. Guy Gardener

It's not really all that important, but there are crossovers between Angel and Buffy.

Not many, and nothing that isn't unexplainable.

"What exactly is a rouge demon hunter?"

:D

17. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are at least two occasions when a Buffy plot gets resolved on Angel, but yeah most of the instances where they 'crossover' are just like, "Hey Buffs, I was in LA talking the Angel the other day!", or "I got a phone call from some gal named Willow....."

I do think watching Angel is essential to understanding the Faith arc, as most of that actually happens over on his series. Otherwise, her reappearances in BTVS later on make absolutely no sense whatsoever in context of only that series, as nothing is ever explained in Buffy itself about why she's suddenly out and about again, etc.

18. Guy Gardener

I'm watching Person of interest right now. Amy Acker is driving a massive motorcycle.

Remember when she used to be a sweet little cow?

19. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She's certainly done what she can to avoid buying a ticket to ride the typecasting bus.

I saw her in a biopic about the 1960s Batman series the other day, playing the younger Burt Ward's girlfriend. She was a wee bit more Fred-like in that one...

20. Guy Gardener

Adam West and Frank Gorsham (The Riddler) were once thrown out of a swingers party/orgy because they wouldn't break character from their TV personalities...

"Riddle me this Batman, who's got a 7 inch dong and two thumbs? ...THIS GUY!"

There is a massive Buffy/Angel/Dollhouse reunion movie where the lot of them do Bill Shakespeare's Much ado about Nohting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094064/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_10