New Info! (Bad Robot press event/villain ID'd, etc.) *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kruezerman, Dec 11, 2012.

1. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    You, sir or ma'am, may have something there. This story is obviously, with the inclusion of Carol Marcus, taking place in the "Khan mileau", and it appears 'Batch's character has some super-human ability. So it may be another of the genetic supermen back to wreak havoc, maybe to avenge Khan's death at the hands of the Klingons? And the Harrison name may just be a coincidence as far as the TOS background character goes.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Re: New Info! *SPOILERS*

As opposed to, say, Gary Mitchell?

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Greg might be the best person to ask about this....I've forgotten, but there wasn't an Augment from the 1990's named "Harrison" in any of your Eugenics Wars novels was there? Because we know the Abrams people have read through Trek novels for some of their ideas. :)

4. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Just thought I'd point this out:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/07/14/exc...haracter-details-talks-title-post-production/

Alice Eve was only speculated by Variety to be new, but Orci said she was canon.
    [/LEFT]

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Not that I recall, although I wrote those books over a decade ago so my memory is a little fuzzy at this point.

"Hey, that's right. I think I wrote book like that once . . . ."

6. siskokid888

Sticking with the Khan theme - could he be Joachim, Khan's "second in command"?

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The blonde?

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    In Greg's Eugenics Wars books I think Joachim was the son of Joaquin (the dark, short-haired lieutenant to Khan in "Space Seed") and a female Augment and that Joaquin died at some point between TOS and the arrival of the Reliant years later. Greg can confirm whether this is correct or not, but I think at least one novel has Joachim and Joaquin being two different people under Khan's command.

9. siskokid888

^I remember that from Greg's novels. So, could it be the original Joaquin, then, with the same revenge motive?

10. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

She's part of his crew on the Enterprise in this reality, as I noted, so I still don't understand your comment.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is she part of the Enterprise crew?

She wears a Starfleet uniform.

12. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems more likely than not that she'd be part of the Enterprise's crew, especially since, as per a new interview from Chris Pine, her scientific knowledge plays a key role in stopping Harrison's schemes.

13. AJBlue98

AJBlue98 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I’ve written this in another couple threads; I think it's John Harrison, not John Harrison, so the Star Trek Into Darkness character is Johnny, the kid on the side of the road in Star Trek (2009).

As for Orci’s admitted having lied about one of the characters in the TrekMovie.com interview, I can easily imagine myself having been asked that question, focusing in the moment on the word “canon” and completely missing the “original Star Trek” [sic] part. In that case, I would have answered, “canon,” for Harrison, thinking of Johnny having been added to the canon in Star Trek (2009), and I think that’s what Bob Orci did, then after re-reading the question in the article and realizing his error he commented on it.

In fact, that sounds exactly like something I would do, especially in his shoes.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kirk's story arc with women is that he leaves them in the end for the Enterprise. Where they are has nothing to do with it, he leaves them with his choices and his time.

15. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

You got my vote! Actually, I had the very same thought and started a thread about it yesterday.

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I suspect major "lore" events will roughly sync up, kinda like how Smallville does with the old Superman films despite the altered premise.

17. AJBlue98

AJBlue98 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Credit where it’s due: you’re the one who convinced me. :)

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Carol Marcus being in Starfleet, and on the Enterprise, is another one of those silly small universe syndrome ideas.
    In the Prime universe, it's highly unlikely. She and her whole group were shown to be civilian scientists, and her son had a hatred against anything Starfleet (which certainly would have played out differently when "she was one of them once").

19. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Yeah, because children always share their parents' political views.

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not necesarily. Even if we assume Prime Carol Marcus was once in Starfleet, we don't know the circumstances for why she left. She could have left under less than pleasnt circumstances and her bitterness towards Starfleet could have rubbed off on David causing him to actively hate Starfleet.