The Eternal War-and more!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, Jan 28, 2015.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

okay, last change of plans. I absolutely HATED my last rendition of the schematics format. I just couldn't live with the way they were presented, so I revamped them! lol. I hope you like this new take on the master schematics files. next up, a complete cutaway version detailing the mark I master control console of the HARTNELL era! Which will be page 3 :techman:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. starsuperion

Here is the updates on the TARDIS Master Schematics and General Plans Index.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next up a cover page, and break downs of all the controls.
    Side note:
    This file page is a direct translation of the Doctor Who DVD files depiction of the Console and it's cutaway as seen in the website link below. the work was done thru commissioned request by the BBC to Gavin Rymill. Credits and accolades will be listed in the Appendix at the end of the Schematics. We (My editor Bryan Swift the writer of www.whoniverse.net Website fame!) are committed to bringing you the most accurate and Canonical representation of the TARDIS schematics from all sources known. These sources include but are not limited to; The Doctor Who classic TV series, the Doctor Who current TV series, Novels, licensed BBC books, and data files, comics, Audio Dramas, and Doctor Who Magazine articles and art. The Mark I console was used by both the First Doctor (William Hartnell) and the Second Doctor (Patrick Troughton) and is the default mode of the Desktop theme. All Type 40 TARDISes Mark I would have the same console as depicted in this schematics index. The Mark I has interchangeable components and can have dials and knobs switched out for different devices and wired into the console housing under each panel. A TARDIS console is the ultimate plug and play device, and as seen many times in the series, the Doctor would have a new switch appear and sometimes disappear from the console. this is because there is a Supply Room devoted to spare parts, and optional devices that can be fitted into the console panels and then jacked into the Mother board beneath. In addition, whole panels can be fashioned in the Supply room, and a panel could then be detached and refitted with the new panel and wired to the Motherboard for use with it's various components. The TARDIS console was also detachable from the Dais hatch it rested on, and could be used independently of the ship's Artron Mainframe for limited flight, generally one trip as the Temporal Generators would still retain a residual charge. After using that, an external power source would be necessary to hook up to the console for it to operate properly. Subsequently in the event a TARDIS dimensional interior suffered from Instability, or the Dimensional connection to the interior was about to be severed, the TARDIS would automatically kick out the console as a failsafe measure, if the correct precautionary settings were in place.

Here is the link to Gavin's Art page:
    www.gavinrymill.co.uk/

Also, Notes about the consoles:
    The Tardis console itself can become detached from the Artron Mainframe, however the Temporal generators will hold a maximum of 1 charge in them until used. If used, a secondary power source would be necessary to move the console. In the classic serial with Jon Pertwee, the console was hooked up to a power plant, but the power was surging which caused his console to cross into a parallel dimension. The console can be dismantled to be replaced by a newer model, or parts moved and repaired. under the plinth is the console stem, and the circuits which can be disengaged from the main section below. not seen in the cutaway is a small lift shaft the Main space time element rests in, that is it's normal housing. If the access panel is opened the main space time element is raised to be accessed through one of the panels. Like when Turlough tried to remove it in Terminus. with the rotor and temporal generators and main space time element, the console can traverse space time but in a limited fashion. If the dimension the console is in becomes unstable, then the TARDIS has an automatic safety which can be set to eject the console upon dimensional instability, until the fault is corrected and the console can then be taken back inside the control room.

In the case of the Doctor's wife. the Doctor's Junk Tardis has a rotor, and temporal generators in the plinth, which encircle the stem of the console (it did not have a Main Spacetime element, so it could not access the vortex or time travel).. when Idris touched the junk console, she activated the temporal generators which works in tandem with the time rotor allowing the console itself to dematerialize and move at incredible speed with a shield in place to protect them as they chased the TARDIS. this is a limited run however, cause in that state the Junk TARDIS wasn't equipped with a proper shell and no eye of Harmony to sustain it's internal dimensions, nor a vortex drive to create it's desired path inside the vortex.

The TV Movie and the current series console rooms are all desktop themes, reformatting the matter of the console to a specific desired look. however the underlying technology is the same..
    to know what the default of the current series console is, it was established in let's kill Hitler that the Doctor's TARDIS is a Mark III.

After much review, the Hartnell Console with it's specific rotor layout is a (DEFAULT) Mark I. Pertwee got a different all New (DEFAULT) console and Rotor, so that is a Mark II. (seeing as how he could fit the Master's Mark II demat circuit in it with no trouble). When the five doctors came along, the Doctor had by then upgraded to the (DEFAULT) Mark III console, which is the version seen there until the end of the series and is the versions with different desktop themes seen in the new series.

there will be more to explain how it all works.. essentially tho, the TARDIS console is like the bridge, overtop the warp core.. but that is just the part that moves the exterior shell.. it is the main engine that plows a path through the vortex creating a wormhole for the ship to move within.. to it's desired location. The Artron Mainframe detaches at the Temporal generators. the excitonic circuitry is also detached below the mesh, which is like a form of computerized brain pattern. it is grown, and is made from a specific type of material listed in the schematic above.

the time Vortex exists.. think of it an infinite wormhole that spans the length of the entirety of the universe, and has infinite paths as it is looping around and around.. while inside the vortex, the TARDIS main engine has to produce a path to cut through those lanes of wormholes of time, and clear an off ramp, or shortcut to the desired location, and temporal coordinates.. all this is done as the control sphere the console room, vorpal core, warp anchor, wormhole refractors are pumping the orbital energy out around the ship, moving the exo shell inside the vortex, but it can also do so in normal space-time.

3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The "Desktop Theme" is one of those odd concepts that funny and works. If the Fifth Doctor though the "coral" was worse than the "leapord skin" I want to see that one. Did if just go through them all as the First Doctor before going to Earth, just to see what they were, then switched to default because Susan remembered how and he liked the "round things"?

4. starsuperion

actually I think at first he was trying to figure out how to customize the desktops, it wasn't until his second incarnation that he finally started getting good at it.

here is the schematics cover page
    [​IMG]