Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

On that scene I was basically shouting at my TV ordering him to make that jump :lol:

2. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Those are my favourite. We had great fun playing Army of Two so I got the sequel for his Santa stocking.

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome trailer.

I'm already pencilliing in ME3 for GOTY...... :lol:

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

My personal suspicion is that saving the base will (among other things) lead to that "all hail our human overlords" ending I predicted earlier. The other things probably being having a human dominated council, supporting Terra Firma and basically doing anything pro-human.

I was far more concerned about my two squad members. For a second I thought Tali was going over the edge. That would have meant a replay for me since there was no way I was going to have a save file for ME3 where one of the most interesting characters in the entire franchise was dead already. ;)

5. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

Same for me, with her and Garrus I was basically shouting "Don't you dare die on me, Tali! Don't you fucking dare die!" and then the same for Garrus. I had already lost 3 or 4 people by that point (can't remember when Zaeed died in that playthrough), one of them being loyal, so I wasn't sure at that point what criteria would result in losing them 2.

6. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Now given the impending ME3, I'm strategizing some playthoughs that I will do (ME1 and ME2) to have things in all different directions for ME3 when it comes out.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Already done that. I have about 5 sheps all ready to go! Check out the Mass Effect 2 thread, there's pages and pages of us coming up with interesting scenarios; my favourite is still "looser Shep", that should be very interesting. ;)

8. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Wait...Sovereign was trashing the Turian Fleet and the Earth Fleet. Shepard disabled it's avatar which for some reason disrupted the Machine itself. (don't get me started on that) but...I let that go. I try not to be too stringent on game plots but Mass Effect is getting serious now.

You're right the Collectors did seem to be Ace in the hole or something.

I'm sure they Reapers could actuallly travel back....but that would take alot of time. I don't get the human Reaper it doesn't make sense for machines with a God complex to wish to be born in the form of both humans and macines or what makes humans so special. I think it was a fluff ending to what was really a fluff game of killers and assassins. They did it to get the ratings so to speak.

I will be pleasantly surprised if they somehow pull mass Effect 2's Off story into Mass Effect 3 and back to 1.

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One thing's for sure: Sovereign may not have wiped out the Citadel, but he sure nuked my 360.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Well, good news! Mass Effect 2 is being ported over to the PS3, and it'll come with some sort of interactive digital comic that'll let you make the major decisions we had to make in ME1. And then ME3 will be released on the PS3 as well, of course. :techman:

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I got a little theory on this, the Reapers are OLD as we know and I don't care how advance they are...they have to feel the effects of that age. I wonder if at the end of every cycle or certain cycles they need to create themselves literally new bodies or ships to us. There essential machines but they must have some sort of biological parts too them and maybe they just pick the strongest species to them or the one easiest to create there next generatinon of bodies/ships.

It might explain why Earth is one of the first targets.

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

And all three versions will be released on the same day! PS3 owners get two Mass Effect games in one year.

13. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It better come out in 2014. I really want them to take their time on it.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I wanna touch back on my little theory that the human reaper is what will be there next form as they use species from their cycles to renew themselves into new bodies...I was listening to what Harbinger said at the end of Mass Effect 2...

Seems pretty clear to me we are going to be used as the next evolution of the reaper, which makes ME2 ending a lot better IMO.

15. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Even better. :D Cerberus would rule the galaxy, and if there's anything I know about the Illusive Man it's that he made a great President in The West Wing. The galaxy would be thankful to have him in charge instead of Quark, the bland Asari and Mr Airquotes.

Actually, they're dead in that playthrough, that pimp from Requiem For a Dream is running things. He's still better than Mr Airquotes though.

I plan to have 4 by the time ME3 comes out. The first one was a combination of decisions I would have made mixed with what I thought made the best story, the second one is the complete opposite of the first one, the third one is a full paragon and the final one will be a full renegade. Once I'm finished ME3 and know all the outcomes I intend to do a fifth one where I make the decisions that lead to the best outcome, and a sixth one where I make all the worst decisions. That last one should be fun. :lol:

As far as I can tell, the Reapers are kind of like the Borg but with a very exclusive membership process. They were turning humans into a Reaper because it's like their assimilation process, which is why the Reaper fleet could be seen to have multiple types of ships. The Reapers may view themselves as gods of a sort, but that doesn't mean they see us as being entirely beneath them, they're actually looking for species that are worthy for the process of ascension. The galactic extinction cycle is their form of procreation.

At least, that's what I think they're up to. :shrug:

Why? ME2 came out 26 months after ME1, while ME3 is likely to come out 22 months after ME2. The cycle is 4 months shorter this time, but that's because ME2 overhauled the combat system (which ME3 will only need to tweak now) and the story for ME3 was being worked on while ME2 was still in development.

I don't want the game to be rushed out before it's ready, but Bioware has grown to be very big so if they think that they can handle ME3 in slightly less time than it took to make ME2, I trust them.

16. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, except organic life is an accident and Sovereign was all-machine, baby.

Urg, I hate retcons. Why couldn't the Reapers have just been like space-Cthulu or something?

17. Skywalker

How do you know it was a retcon? Do you have copies of the Mass Effect bible and a binder containing Drew Karpyshyn's story notes for ME1?

If so, GIMME! :klingon:

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

We don't know that reapers all pure machine, they must of had some organic origins. They can't live forever what ever they might state and I love the idea they might actually use organic material to create machine bodies for themselves.

EVIL bastards :lol:

19. Skywalker

My theory is that the first Reaper was created by a very early spacefaring species that was dying out for some reason or another, so to preserve their species' genetic heritage rather than letting it decay and be forgotten, they built the first Reaper shell and liquefied themselves to give it life. Then they decided to do the same for other worthy species in the future, preserving each one in a new Reaper shell.

20. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd be surprised if ME3 did anything with the Reaper's origins. It's so far in the past that there are probably no clues left behind. The Reapers themselves may not know their origins anymore, leading to the belief that they don't have any.