NuWho Doctors

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by SimpleLogic, Sep 23, 2012.

?

Who is your favorite of the new Doctors?

1. Christopher Eccleston

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. David Tennant

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Matt Smith

23 vote(s)
    46.0%
  1. SimpleLogic

SimpleLogic Guest

Last year I finally got into Doctor Who by watching the new series starting from 2005. I have really really enjoyed them all. I have seen a few of the other classic ones as well but I was wondering who of the new Doctors people have liked the most.

Though I like them all David Tennant is my favorite because he seemed to be having the most fun in the role and it shows.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I really, really liked Eccleston in the role. It took me a long while to accept Tennant and for a long time I kept saying 'I preferred the last guy.' But eventually, Tennant replaced Eccleston in my affections and he was my then-favourite.

I loved Matt Smith basically from his first appearance in the role and since then he'd been my fave Doctor, not only of this three, but ever. I can only hope but TPTB keep this winning streak up and that nuDoctor is yet again even better than his predecessor.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved Eccelston, he was my first Doctor, Tennant will always be my favourite Doctor, but damn if Matt isn't pressing to take over! He would easily be 1, 1A for me with David. He has just been sensational right off the bat.

4. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked Matt - I probably warmed to Eccleston fastest (though both him and Smith were by the end of their first episode; for Tennant I don't think it was until his second, "New Earth"), but Matt wins by having stuck around longer. ;)

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I love all of them. I wish Christopher Eccleston was around for longer than a year and I would probably like him more if he had stuck around longer. David Tennant was a lot of fun and very emotional, although I didn't like he got extra angsty sometimes. Matt Smith, however, is a combination of my two favorite Doctors, Tom Baker and Patrick Troughton, so he has catapulted to my favorite new series Doctor.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

David Tennant but Matt Smith is getting close

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go with the one that introduced me to the franchise, Christopher Eccleston. It's a pity he didn't want to do Season 2.

8. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to say, I prefer Matt Smith, primarily because his seems to be the most unique interpretation of the three. Tennant can probably pull off a few of Smith and Eccleston's lines, but I could never see Eccleston pulling off any of Smith's lines. (and yes, I know Gaiman originally wrote his episode with Tennant in mind)

However, I realize that that could be part of the writing itself, in that sometimes Ten was written more as an extension of unfinished business with Nine, rather than his own Doctor. Still, I think Nine and Ten are just a wee bit too similar in many aspects.

With that said, I liked them all, though Tennant was eventually starting to grate on me towards the end. And I would have loved to have seen Eccleston in at least another season. And imagine, just imagine, Eccleston going up against the Silence!

9. SimpleLogic

SimpleLogic Guest

You forget them when you turn away, FANTASTIC!

I wouldn't mind seeing David Tennant go against the Silence as well.

Of course maybe they both did and forgot.:wtf::confused:

10. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

Matt Smith, by far. Eccleston was good, Tennant was unwatchably bad, Smith is superb.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I like all three of them, but there's something about Smith's Doctor that just keeps my eyes glued to the screen at all times.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I love all three dearly, but Tennant *is* the modern Doctor for me.

Which is funny because he annoyed me for the entirety of Season Two :lol:

13. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Smith. All three have been great, though I give Smith props for giving us a Doctor who's more mature and grounded than the manic and touchy-feely Ten while remaining plausibly the same character. The combination of Eleven's almost insouciant approach to the most Earth-shattering (or Universe-shattering) events with his somewhat more emotionally raw response to personal issues also strikes a nice balance, in contrast to Nine's invariably highly-strung behaviour.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Like all three but Smith tops the poll for me.

15. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Eccleston by far. His series was the best, the most who-like. Actual scary episodes and decent stories. Tennant's were fine, but nothing really special. And Matt smith is just annoying. Plain and simple. He takes eccentricity too far, He's full of himself too. And him singing praises of humanity every episode is getting old. I hate how everything is perfect too, amy and rory's house, perfect, all bright colours and happy happy. The tardis, all glossy and bright colours. It's just not right. The tardis should have been more like the original from the start though. Also Amy Pond is the worst companion ever. She's trying too much to take over as the main character, and she's really annoying.
    It also seems the Doctor can fix anything in a minute, there's never any effort in it for him.

It's a shame really, It's a real disappointment.

16. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Matt Smith is my favorite modern Doctor and has replaced Patrick Troughton as my favorite Doctor ever.

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

To be honest, Matt Smith's Doctor has just become so weird and fun and unpredictable to watch that I actually find the other Doctors kind of.... safe and boring now.

I used to love Tennant, but watching his episodes for the first time in a while, I find myself a lot less enchanted than I used to. Basically he just runs around a lot, gets really emotional, and breaks into a lot of huge, wide-eyed grins. He kinda seems more like someone's wacky brother-in-law than the mysterious and alien Doctor. Lol

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yes, trying to take over as the lead character, that must be the reason she's leaving next week...

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: Maybe it's a cunning double bluff? Next week Amy and Rory will live, the Doctor will die, and we have to wait till Christmas for the first episode of "Traveller Ponds."

20. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tennant will always be my favourate doctor ever! Eccleston's my second fave ever. Smith would be third out of the nuwhos seeing there's only three nuwhos, but Smith would be further down if we were doing an all time poll.

If Ecclestonstayed longer, he'd probably be my fave. I only watched the first two episodes live, then forgot about the rest for about a year until Tennant was comming in. I warmed to Tennant during the second series, but I think I prefered Eccleston then. The third season was great (BTW, there are only a few second season episodes I can watch anymore, seeing that series was bad compared with most of the others. The cybermen two parter is an exeption) The thing is I grew up with Tennant as the doctor, so there's that special bond aswell. I had a feeling Smith would replace Tennant as my fave nuwho (Mcoy was my favourate then for some reason) but I was wrong. If RTD stayed on, Smith would probably be my favourate by now, but Moffat has ruined that chance for me now.

Also, I hate Amy and Rorry, families do not work in the tardis. Plus they stayed for three series. Most companions stay for one. Still, I'm looking foward to the newbie. Also lookign foward to Smiths regeneration, but that won't come anytime soon. Most of all, I hope Moffat leaves ASAP, he's terroised dr who for long ennougth.