Bionic Woman to DVD in October

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 23skidoo, May 30, 2010.

1. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

We're one step closer to having the two Holy Grails of DVD releases finally become a reality here in North America!

TV Shows on DVD, citing EW.com, reports that Universal plans to release Season 1 of the original Bionic Woman this October.

No announcement for Six Million Dollar Man has been made yet, but TVSDVD suggests it would make sense for both shows to be marketed at once (like has been done in the past with other related shows like Hercules/Xena). I don't have the link anymore, but the sit reported a couple weeks back on Universal working on bonus features for the SMDM set.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bionic-Woman-time-frame-announced/13834

The question still left open is whether this will be a regular, find-it-at-Best-Buy release, or a Time-Life mailorder exclusive, which was how Man from UNCLE and Get Smart were initially released, with regular retail issue following a year or so later. There was some talk the same might happen with SMDM/BW. Although a pain in the butt, such a scheme would at least result in the complete series being issued in a short time frame, with complete-series boxes available at the very start, rather than having to wait, for example, about 5 years for the complete Mission Impossible to be issued.

Alex

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Re: THE Bionic Woman to DVD in October

Err, a clarification: the title Bionic Woman refers to the disappointing Michelle Ryan remake. It would be clearer that you were talking about the original series if you'd refer to it by its complete title, The Bionic Woman.

3. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: THE Bionic Woman to DVD in October

I would bet real money that you're the only person in this Universe that knew that, cared about it, or was otherwise confused by this.

I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^That's a childish response. Just because you don't care about something doesn't mean you're entitled to attack others for thinking it's relevant.

I'm just saying that there are a lot of us who were very disappointed by the recent series entitled Bionic Woman, and it would be helpful to clarify as much as possible that this is not that series, that it's the original series with Lindsay Wagner. And since that show's title was actually The Bionic Woman, that's a clear and simple way of making the distinction.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think this is getting needlessly technical. Who cares if there's a "The" in the title or not? Besides, how many people even remember the remake? 9 times out of 10, you say the phrase "Bionic Woman" - with or without "The" - and people are gonna think of Lindsay Wagner. :vulcan:

6. Chaos Descending

Do you have even ONE funny bone in your entire body, dude?

Seriously, take a drink or something. You're way too uptight.

From now on, no more jokes. I'm just going to insult you with a straight face from now on instead of with a smile. (EDIT: Yes, this comment is a joke.)

No, senseless pedantry is always worthy of attack.

Except that 9 out of 10 people don't even remember that there WAS a remake of THE Bionic Woman, because apparently no one watched it, and certainly NO ONE ON EARTH knows that one series was called THE Bionic Woman and the other one was called Bionic Woman.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

If Christopher is the 10th person out of 10, then that makes me number 9. I was confused by the title, and I would have preferred the OP clarify it as well. For the same reasons.

Great! Pay up then! I accept cash or all major credit cards. :cool:

8. Chaos Descending

Cool, where should I mail the nickel? :D

And as far as you and Christopher BOTH being affected by this... aberration, I would say that rather than you and him being 9 and 10, you're 19 and 20. After all, 9 out of 10 is the same as 18 out of 20. ;)

9. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Quick! Someone else chime in and bail us out of our own statistics!

10. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Anyone who actually read my original post and didn't understand what show I was referring to is an idiot. Full stop.

Warning from the mods expected and accepted without argument. The mods are also welcome to close this thread since obviously people are more interested in playing up the stereotype of the pseudo-autistic SF nerd than actually discussing the topic I intended to started. So never mind.

Alex

11. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Well I always think of the Lindsay Wagner series, whether you use "The" or not. It's led to some disappointment on occasion when I come across the remake I can tell you.

12. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

One word make all the difference, and I remember The Bionic Woman is the Lindsay Wagner series.

13. Chaos Descending

My name is [REDACTED FOR SECURITY CONCERNS] and I support this message.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

And those who do know, don't care; and those who do care, shouldn't. The presence (or lack thereof) of a simple "The" is basically irrelevant. It's the same title.

15. Chaos Descending

16. John Picard

Let's see:

The Bionic Woman: Three words
    Bionic Woman: Two words

Then, get under the hood, so to speak, and both series are completely different.

Damn :rolleyes:

17. Chaos Descending

You're reaching. A little too far, in fact.

Yes, there are great similarities between the two series, but the presence or lack of "The" in the title is nearly inconsequential, and anyone who thinks otherwise deserves a wedgie, a swirly, and to be closed up in his locker.

18. John Picard

Actually, the word The matters. Details *always* matter:
    In Space, No One Can Hear You Say “Doh!”

19. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

There was a remake? In the name of God, why??

20. Mr. Laser Beam

^ My sentiments exactly. Before I read this thread, I'd totally forgotten about the remake.