Rumor that will cause me not to see the sequel!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by GalaxyClass1701, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He may not be "Joker" big (which was helped by a certain actor's death,) but he is a big deal in the realm of Sci Fi, and needless to say Star Trek. Take at various rankings from the media regarding Star Trek/Sci Villains

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30505683/ (Also take note of the voters poll)

http://stars.ign.com/articles/977/977989p5.html

http://blogs.ign.com/SCI-FI-BRAIN/2006/06/29/23252/

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/11...ounces-Winner-of-Best-Star-Trek-Villain.shtml

Needless to say... Khan is no "small beans."

2. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The rumor that would make me boycott the next movie:

Paramount Pictures have announced that all theaters will be equiped with the latest smell-a-vision technology, and that the next Star Trek movie will be set on a boiling sulpher rich planet that throughout the movie will smell strongly of rotten eggs :)

3. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The rumor that will keep me from seeing the sequel:

Berman & Braga are being brought in as expert continuity consultants.

4. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

If he's not a pissed off guy looking for revenge, then first, isn't the edge taken off what made him the super villain in TWOK? And second, wouldn't using him in any other way just essentially be a remake of Space Seed, or at least Kirk's and Khan's version of Space Seed in the new universe?

It also took years for the evil bile and need for vengeance to grow in Khan and make him the character he was in TWOK. Let's not forget that, either.

5. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I will see the sequel regardless if they use Khan or not. I love any Star Trek movie/series and I also loved this movie. So if they use Khan in it, it wont change my mind about this rebooted Star Trek. Im' Trekie through and through and always will be. Ayways I cant wait for the sequel what ever it might be. Im sure the sequel will be as good as this movie was. Im curious as to what they have in mind for this timeline, so whatever it is, Im sure it will be "exciting" as Scotty would put it.

6. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

I'd rather have them than a good half of the "experts" who post here. They'll be too involved with the orientation of the bridge and shape of the nacelles to notice a real plot hole!!

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd rather they didn't do Khan but..

I once rathered they didn't do a prequel series to TOS and I now love ENT. With all my heart.

I once rathered (I can hardly believe it!) they didn't REBOOT Trek at all! And now I'm just one endless exclamation point about STXI!! (seriously, I have never used as many exclamation points in my life as in my STXI posts).

A good movie is a good movie. A Khan reboot could be awesome and I could be eating my words about what I rathered they do.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

QFT. The only good answer, really - or as someone once said, the only answer to "will people go to see 'X' kind of movie?" is "What is the movie? Show me the movie and I'll tell you."

9. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Well, since they are in an alternative timeline, I guess they could do anything they wanted....but I'd really like to seem them do more new and different things - not dredge up ancient history.

I would certainly go and see it anyway...but it would be a tough sell to try to outdo anything remotely resembling TWOK.....considered by many to be the best Trek film ever made.

I don't know...I'd rather rather them do some other things first - get these actors firmly established in people's minds and all that. Maybe later they can come back and mess with Khan.

10. Rusty0918

Rusty0918 Commander Red Shirt

Well, it all depends on how Khan is used.

In fact, I would expect him to be the sequel, regardless on the protests.

11. AnyStar

AnyStar Captain Captain

i can care less, im not going to see it for wholly different reasons. why would i go see a sequel to something i didnt enjoy the first time?

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Because as a Trek fan you are required to be a glutton for punishment. ;)

13. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

i am going to see the sequel.
    but, i would rather they not use khan.

14. NiteTrek

NiteTrek Captain

Exactly....why reboot the franchise only to rehash old stories? The only concept I would remotely like to see redone is maybe something with the Talosians.

Have Kirk get captured, Pike comes to the rescue in another ship, Pike gets injured (as bad as the TOS Pike) and ends up voluntarily staying on Talos IV.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because they're new to all of the new viewers. :)

16. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Rumor that will cause me not to see the sequel!:

That basement dwelling fanboys will be in the audience to complain that it's not Trek...

17. Rusty0918

Rusty0918 Commander Red Shirt

Well, we can't dictate to them what story they want to do. I DO think that the true test of Trek XI will be hands down its sequel. Abrams, Orci, and Kurtzman had a lot of "Free Cards" when doing Trek XI, which they will not have when doing Trek XII.

I would not be surprised if they wanted to do Khan again. But they have to do it on a new angle. If they just cobble together "Space Seed" and "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" together, it will show their lack of creativity.

I also don't want to see them making another "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" with Trek characters and the "Star Trek" named slapped on it.