An Idea For A Game/Project

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree. I think each person should get seven days from when the person before them either posted their panels or dropped out. Maybe allow a grace period of a day or two. If someone knows they will not be able to finish in the alotted time then they need to be gracious enough to pass and let the next person in line take their turn, otherwise this thing is going to languish until it dies of apathy.

2. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

I think that when you post your panels, you should PM the next person on the list. That next person should then post in this thread to say he'll have his panels up in one week or to say he's passing on his turn and notify the next guy in line. If we don't hear from you in a day or two when it's your turn, we should go right away to the next guy in line. It sucks to have to stop your work when some guy shows up late saying he's on the job.

3. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

At this point I doubt he is in fact 'on the job' since it has been several days without a peep, after several days before that without one. If it isn't up by tomorrow I would encourage Thomas to just go ahead and finish his.

4. Gryndl

Gryndl Ensign Newbie

Then apparently you must have missed the part where I said I was having net issues right after I committed to this project. I happen to work full time and wish I had more time to check in to see when my turn was, or I would have had my submission ready *long* before this....

So apologies... continue on without my submission I guess; apparently I missed deadline necause of being busy.. I look forward to reading the forthcoming pages.

5. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

People, please don't forget that this is supposed to be fun. It's just a game after all.

I agree though that I don't want to see this project dying a slow death. So yeah, we need a new panel already. :D Don't worry, Gryndl. You can always chime in again later. Thomas, it's your turn, buddy. :)

Oh, and J., as I said earlier, the number of panels isn't really crucial. I'd be glad to see you do one or two drawings for the project.

6. Venardhi

Having a good reason to miss the deadline is still missing it. I'm not attacking or insulting you, I'm just a realist when it comes to these things (and probably a pessimist when it comes to new posters).

The best way to keep this project fun and all the artists keeping up on it is if it moves briskly, and right now it is moving decidedly un-briskly.

'My bad' if I came off as harsh or personally offensive, but I don't know you from Adam so I really had no reason to assume the best, especially after some of my other experiences with online projects like this. I do encourage you to get back in on it and hopefully post more around here.

7. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

For what it's worth, I plan on starting this entry tonight and should have it up by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest

8. ThomastheCat

So I've got the script written for my next installment and it's come out to be pretty long (10+ panels.) Does anyone have an objection to an entry that's that long?.

I'm moving the story forward obviously, but I promise I'm not railroading the story, we're just at a point where there's a lot of transitional stuff to get through before I could end with something juicy.

9. Venardhi

As long as you can get it done, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

10. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

Other than making the rest of us look like a bunch of lazy hacks? No objections from me!

11. Venardhi

I got bored this evening and did a little sketch. I really need to get a new wacom pen, mine is just about dead and it was like pulling teeth to get the lines on the screen to look anything like what I was drawing on the pad.

[​IMG]

12. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey, guys, if there's concern there's been too great a gap between postings, I can assemble a "humorous aside" one or two panel gag that should not interfere with or contradict the events as presented so far in the narrative. It would be this evening or in the morning before I can actually upload and link it, but it hopefully serve as an amusing buffer before the next official entry is presented.

Ptrope, you should know what I have in mind (since I posted it at DAZ). I'll retouch the work to comply with the terms of service.

Yays? Nays?

Sincerely,

Bill

13. Michael

Not at all. I'm looking forward to it. :D

Looks fantastic! And who else thinks she needs a name already?

A definitive Yay from me! :D

14. Venardhi

I gave her a name originally, but I figured I'd hold off on it a bit so we can have an emotional, charming or clever scene in the future where she finally reveals it. I also came very close to simply giving her an 'agent number'.

15. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Really been enjoying this project. All the participants have brought a great individual style that's been really interesting to watch. Great job! :)

16. PlanetMudd

PlanetMudd Lieutenant Red Shirt

Y'know ... the more I think about it, the less I want to have another go at this.

Sorry guys, I'll pass.

17. Koinek

Koinek Vice Admiral Admiral

Just wanted to respond to everyone here and say I thoroughly enjoy reading the new pages to comic. Please keep up the good work.:)

18. ThomastheCat

Bummer, your entry is probably my favorite. I hope you consider coming in again on another round!

19. ThomastheCat

As an update, I've finished the linework for my entry, though depending on how much time I have tomorrow night it might not be colored, but it will be posted.

20. Michael

Aww, thanks for your kind words. It's really appreciated. :)

Yeah, that's too bad. I too love your entry, PM. :(

By the way, Bill, didn't you want to post a humorous aside? :D