Need help with a TNG film I'm making

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by cpjust, Jan 21, 2013.

1. cpjust

cpjust Cadet Newbie

Hi there,
    I'm a huge Star Trek fan, and so I decided to try writing, directing, producing & editing my own Star Trek (semi-parody) movie at work.

I'm certainly not a graphic designer though, and since it's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to find all the background shots I need from the TNG series (I'm doing a green screen movie), I'll need to find several screen captures with people in different locations and then try to cut out the parts of the pictures with no people and paste them together to make an empty background.

I've been able to find all the pictures of the main bridge that I need, but I'm having trouble finding pictures of the transporter room at the angles I need.

What I need are pictures of the wall & doors if the camera was near the steps of the transporter pad; and I also need a shot of the wall and left side of the transporter pad if the camera was in front of the doors, as well as the back corner if the camera was near the transporter pad.

If anyone can help find or create the pictures I need, I'll certainly add you to the credits of my movie and send you a link to it when it's done.

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

4. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

If you have any experience with Poser or DAZ Studio, there are some fairly accurate mesh replicas of some TNG sets available around the internet, though not always with authentic textures.

You could also check the Fan Films and Fan Art forums here, perhaps someone has similar sets and would be willing to make background plates for you.

But I'd recommend not doing a copy/paste of this post, or hitting both forums simultaneously with the request, or someone might think you're spamming.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. cpjust

cpjust Cadet Newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions, but it looks like my movie isn't going to happen. I just got laid off today! :(
    Over a year of planning & preparation down the drain...
    Now I have 7 Star Trek shirts that are just going to waste. Anyone want to buy them?

7. Melakon

Rotten luck. Hang onto them if you can, your situation might turn around in a few weeks and you'll wish you still had them.

8. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sad news indeed. Keep your chin up I'm sure something else will come up.

9. cpjust

cpjust Cadet Newbie

Well if I do make another movie at my next job, I'll need to completely re-write the script, since most of the characters and dialogue where specifically made for certain people where I worked.
    Although I doubt many other jobs would have an SLR camera with a tripod and fancy umbrella lights.

10. Melakon

Hmmm. Is it possible you got canned for using company equipment for a personal project? If so, I'd suggest not doing that again without written permission from a superior on company letterhead.

11. boobatuba

boobatuba Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, don't do that. Wow.