Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, not everything, since a lot of the characters in TCW will have died in ROTS. Some ideas will probably be recyclable, but some probably won't.

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I was mostly referring to Rex, Maul, Talzin, Cad Bane, and Ashoka.

3. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...episodes-will-deal-with-the-syfo-dias-mystery
    "Some reports had said only two Clone Wars arc would be completed, though more were underway when the series was cancelled. But USA Today says “a few” are being completed, and the Plo-Koon/Syfo-Dias arc is one we haven’t heard about before. It’s assumed one arc will likely be the one involving Anakin, Padme and the character Clovis (clips were shown a year ago for this storyline, originally intended for Season 5) and another recently released clip hints at a big Order 66 storyline, so it seems we have at least three more arcs."

I know this is month old news, but there's hope that we are getting three arcs and not two as previously suggested. It's news to me. However, wouldn't it stand to reason that a Sifo Dias third arc may also involve Hondo/Sing in some way? I'm making the (loose) connection because I recall reading somewhere when the series was canceled that two stories were ready, but a third which revealed the 'fate' of Hondo and Sing would not be released despite its status as being very nearly completed. If Disney published anything post-cancelation then wouldn't it be logical to assume the stories closer to completion would be finished?

So could it be these final three TCW bonus/season 6 stories?
    1. Order 66 Malfunction http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ujhf5OkRT-g
    2. Sifo Dias story
    3. Clovis story

4. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Which means we may be getting almost another season.

6. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You typed the words straight out of my fingers. Unless two or more of those stories includes A and B storylines.

Any chance that this bonus content would be part of the TCW: Season 5 dvd/blurays? Or would that be too simple for Disney? They may enjoy locking it in their damned vault for a couple of decades first.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Will people even care about Sifo-Dyas anymore in a few decades?

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    You mean in-universe? Or the fans in real life? Because let me tell you (and you should know this by now), the fans will care and demand details about almost any Star Wars character no matter how minor or insignificant their role in the grander tapestry of that universe and its stories.

Fans still argue and demand clarification on the three Snivvians that have been called "Snaggletooth" since the late seventies, gotten action figures of them and had background bios penned. Star Wars fans don't really stop caring about characters, especially mysterious ones who actually played a significant background role in the Clone Wars, fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire.

The question is: do they care enough to want just one action figure of the guy or a dozen?

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I agree -- I don't recall Tennant's performance as Huyang being anywhere near as compelling as Witwer's Maul. Not that Tennant isn't a great actor, but this wasn't a role that really showed it that much.

11. DarthPipes

Yeah, Witwer's performance and characterization on Maul just had so many levels to it. He took a one-dimensional villain with a cool look and made him compelling.

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

He ( or the writers ) definitely gave Maul a pathetic side that we hadn't seen before.

I would like to see them release a DVD of just the Maul episodes of Season 5, kind of like what they did for Season 4, but I don't think that will happen.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've got to agree with you guys here. Tennent was good, but I don't really see it as being Emmy worthy. At least, not more than Witwer, who has been awesome pretty much every time his Maul has appeared.

14. DarthPipes

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Congratulations, Clone Wars. Well, deserved, I think.

16. DarthPipes

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, glad to hear it.

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome! Too bad Clone Wars is over. :(

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

CW had a good run. Not many recent animated shows in America can claim they had made 108 episodes.:)

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That's ten more than Enterprise had, and one more season than the Trek series got from its network. I'd have let CW run for one more year to tie up more loose ends and give certain characters more proper resolutions and sendoffs in the buildup to the Jedi Purge and the birth of the Empire, but whaddya gonna do.

The fans don't run shows, the producers and the networks do. 108 episodes isn't too shabby for any series (animated or otherwise) set in the depths of outer space. Not that many in television history have outdone that.