Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Thirteen episodes, nice. And less than a month away.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Goddamnit, I guess my complete seasons 1-5 set isn't complete after all. :p

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Good thing I renewed my Netflix access when I did.

4. cooleddie74

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Alright. That gave me chills.

Awesome!

I love how the Clone Wars was really doing a good job of filling in the narrative and character gaps. This is another perfect example of that.

6. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Netflix, eh? (Shrugs) Whatever works.
    This is going to be fun. So glad they finally announced something about the release. Pretty stoked to read cooleddie74's spoiler a few posts up there. From what I recall, that was something that was supposed to be in ep3.

I can't imagine there wouldn't be a future Blu/Dvd release of this... seems ridiculous that it wouldn't - time will tell. :P I bet this time next year (or Xmas) they'll be hawking the series with bonus content.

7. Greylock Crescent

Yep. I can't remember the specific reason why it didn't happen. It's good that it's happening in some form now, though. It'll make that scene in RotS resonate just a little bit more than it already did.

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't recall hearing a specific reason, but one possible reason is that it didn't serve the plot of the film. The necessary information was conveyed by the scene we got. It may have ended up a casualty of the directorial mindset which, when looking to cut stuff, often goes to stuff that doesn't move the plot forward. But I really have no idea.

If it's handled properly, that is. If not - if, say, Qui-Gon's ghost appears to Obi-Wan - it'll conflict with that scene in ROTS. Because Obi-Wan is surprised in ROTS to hear that Qui-Gon is still out there and Yoda has been communing with him.

9. Greylock Crescent

The editing of RotS is one of its biggest flaws. As it stands now, Yoda's revelation to Obi-Wan feels like it comes ... well, out of thin air, as it were. So while the scene conveys the necessary information, having a revelation like that happen off screen ... removes part of the plot's connective tissue.

Or, to put it another way, one could conceivably cut out the "I am your father" revelation and convey the same information in a subsequent scene. But revelations of that nature (and no, Yoda's revelation isn't on the same level, but it's of a similar kind) are necessary (or at least vastly preferable) on-screen moments.

10. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't mind the Qui-Gon revelation at the end of ROTS at first because it comes across as a surprise. Subsequent viewings though, I really think they should have kept that earlier scene with Yoda in there.

Anyway, I'm thrilled The Clone Wars last season is FINALLY going to be released. I would have preferred a television airing of each story arc but I have no problem with Netflix. I've been watching Netflix more as a means to catch up with Doctor Who and have been enjoying it.

Disney will still get no thank you from me on this. :p

11. cooleddie74

Directors often trim scenes that would have helped the movie overall but since the movie is theirs they have the option to say yes or no to final content. Personally, I'd have left an audible, telepathic exchange between Yoda and Qui-Gon in ROTS as well as the Luke-Biggs sequence at Anchorhead in the original film, but at least the latter is available from other sources if one wants to see it.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yay!

I don't watch anything anymore unless it's on Netflix, so this is exciting news. I've only seen maybe one or two episodes of the Clone Wars from the very first season.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I am DELIGHTED to hear this!!!

Now only are we getting THIRTEEN episodes which is a lot more than I expected... but I already have Netflix anyway! So I don't have to buy anything to see them! :evil:

14. Greylock Crescent

^ Personally, I'm hoping to eventually buy those 13 episodes on Blu-Ray. ;)

15. cooleddie74

Oh, they will. That's almost a sure bet, especially with Seasons 1 through 5 already on disc. Disney and Lucasfilm can't turn down the sweet profit nectar that is a box set of all six seasons in exclusive packaging of some sort.

This is Disney and Lucasfilm we're talking about. If they could get away with marketing Clone Wars prophylactics they'd do it. ;)

16. Greylock Crescent

That's true ... because there are those that might possibly, maybe, might think about the eventuality of considering the option of purchasing said product. :shifty:

17. cooleddie74

"Would you care to see my Star Wars collection? No kids past this point."

18. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm behind here - I thought they'd only finished a few episodes of season six before TCW was canned, certainly not thirteen, and while it was pretty much at the end of an arc, where they ended was not any sort of overall conclusion. Did they get to finish a few more? The Goog isn't giving concrete answers.

Mark

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Admittedly it would have been kind of cool to have the Whills name-dropped in the film canon, as well as getting some version of the idea that Stover phrased as "It cannot be granted; it can only be taught." But I do wonder about the logistics of the scene.

20. Greylock Crescent

^ The thing is, we already have the tail end of the scene already in the final cut, with Bail interrupting Yoda's meditations. Had that scene started a minute or two earlier, the rumored dialogue would have been on screen and the reveal would have been ... well, it would have been a bit like that video clip we saw from the new Clone Wars episode. I'm glad we are getting the reveal, by the way ... leaving it out of the film makes its presence now all the more enjoyable. But I still think it was best to have it in the film itself.