The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Any word on Thor?

2. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Prepare to drop your pants, eddie! I've just ordered a few Halo figurines and they'll blow your mind:
    - a Red vs. Blue set
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Halo Legends diorama from McFarlane's: John-117, Kelly-087 and Frederick-104!
    [​IMG]

3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey, we've had to do that for YEARS.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Sometimes the Big H just doesn't care.

5. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

You know, at first I was trying to figure out why the "figure" second from the right seemed to be missing parts. Then I realized it's a jet pack. :lol:

6. cooleddie74

:)

Yeah, that's Commander Cody's jetpack with two pivoting cannons. It's actually an older accessory that was first used on another Clone commander a couple of years ago and recycled with new orange paint apps for the 2012 and 2013 Cody figures.

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Looks like my LCS got in another shipment of the latest Arkham City wave, so I was able to pick up Talia Al Ghul:
    [​IMG]

Well....something went really wrong with that headsculpt. The eyes are just huge, making her look like some weird cartoon. It doesn't look quite as bad in person as in the picture, but is still really noticeable. Still, I believe this is the only action figure of Talia that has ever been made. You would think that with her role in the comics for so long, and her recent prominence in The Dark Knight Rises, that we would be getting more figures of her.

8. Unicron

They almost look like cat eyes from this particular picture. I think one could say that about a lot of characters in different franchises, and Skids is sort of a running joke in the Transformers fandom because no one seems to remember he exists. :D He had a very distinctive form and was part of the second series released, and yet virtually everyone else got remembered in some way. Not poor Skids.

9. OdoWanKenobi

Is every page on this wiki as sarcastic as that one? :lol:

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, pretty much.

11. OdoWanKenobi

Well, looks like I'm about to learn me a whole bunch about Transformers.

12. cooleddie74

I got out of collecting Transformers eons ago so I have so much catchup learning to do that I don't even want to begin. I just pay attention to what's going on in the Michael Bay movies and base my knowledge on that....I'm so far behind on all the post-'80s mythology that it's ridiculous.

13. Unicron

Yeah, the TF wiki is pretty snarky and often has character pages built on tropes related to that character. Check out Wheelie's page. :lol: But it's pretty funny in a lot of respects, and they like poking fun at the franchise.

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I always thought it would be cool if they made an Arcee figure based on her original design. Yeah, the pink one.

As a kid I always kind of liked her anyway, and admired the fact that they made her a capable warrior for the most part but they weren't afraid to show that she was weaker than all then other characters (one episode in particular she couldn't even lift Galavtron's gun.) But she had a cool personality.

15. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

You linked to the outdated wiki? Tsk tsk.

Everyone, go head over here for the more up-to-date version with the larger user base and more articles. (They used to be one and the same, but split apart couple of years ago. Teletraan 1/Wikia is largely abandoned, though a few people still update it. Read about the split here.)

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

OdoWan...I was disappointed with Stana errrr...I mean Arkham City Talia's head sculpt as well. Mine has paint bleed into her forehead which kind of sucks. It also took me damn near forever to get to stand properly on her heels. I still like her though...I'm still disappointed we didn't get a movie masters Miranda Tate figure with robe :) :(

17. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^This. Plus, the tfwiki seems to work a bit better and isn't bogged down with ads or wikia's formatting requirements.

Personally, I love what they did with Animated Wreck-Gar's page! :lol:

18. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, my figure has ridiculous balance issues, too. Honestly, I might have passed completely on her if it weren't for the fact that this is the only Talia ever made, or likely to be made in the near future.

19. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Just got them!!! But Red is delayed...

[​IMG]

20. cooleddie74

TJ Maxx stores seem to be getting quite a few of the 2010-11 Saga Legends figures of all stripes, including the excellent Stormtrooper that was probably the best army builder in that entire line (though the Spacetrooper is probably the most popular and hardest to find). The chain is selling these figures for just $4.99 each and selection varies from store to store, but there've been a few reports here and there that the Stormtrooper is showing up in decent numbers.