Dating Range?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kestra, Feb 1, 2013.

?

What's your typical dating range?

1. - less than 5 years

20.3%
  2. - 5 years

34.4%
  3. - 10 years

29.7%
  4. - 15 years

3.1%
  5. - 20 years

1.6%
  6. + less than 5 years

14.1%
  7. + 5 years

25.0%
  8. + 10 years

25.0%
  9. + 15 years

10.9%
  10. + 20 years

3.1%
  11. None of the above/I like to be difficult.

14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I thought I would be that way, and I'm sure I will again. I didn't think I'd even be dating again this soon but it's kind of a nice distraction, as long as it doesn't get too complicated. Dating without being serious about it is just kinda ... fun.

2. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

:lol: Same age difference, and I love to give that to my partner, too. It's rather fun to see her squirm with the uncomfortableness. :p

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.

3. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I...feel I've missed a bit here. Not surprising considering I do not frequent this board as much as I used to. Am I to understand that you are no longer married?

4. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

+∞
    And I took "dating" to mean something different from "going to the movies with".

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

In the process of getting a divorce. Won't be finalized till this summer at the earliest.

6. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let see back when I did date I was as much as +8 and -10.

Wife is +2 on me.

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

We're living in the Age of the MILF.

It's a glorious time to be alive!

:lol:

Mine too.

8. trekkiedane

Most people I know (gay or female) would choose Sean Connery as their exception. :shrug:
    Me: "Isn't that an internet-meme?"
    :bolian:
    And if that makes you too old I don't mind telling you about it - or reversely; learning about it.
    Don't I know it - And they're usually on another continent and way younger than I :sigh:
    How you doin'?

The first 'boy'friend I took home to my parents turned out to be two months older than my dad :guffaw: - And even after we split up he continued to be a friend of the family: a pal to dad and a confidant to mum -and- a friend to me.

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

My range isn't really all that set. Until I was about 20 I just dated whoever was willing, but that tended to be people pretty close to my age or younger and a couple women in their mid 20s who didn't realize how young I was at the time. Then for a while in my early 20s I tended to attract 17-19 year old after 17-19 year old until at 26 I essentially swore off anyone under 21. Today, at 27, I would give anyone a shot between 21 and 35 or so. I'll be finally finishing school in the next couple years and would optimally like to have a couple years with someone before having the kid(s) I'd like to have somewhere before my late 30s.

10. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

In this, teacake and I are of one mind. If Patrick Stewart asked me out on a date, I'd accept right on the spot. It's the voice. I swear to all the gods that ever were, that voice does something to my brain. Also, other things.

11. trekkiedane

But despite everything it doesn't have that certain Scottish je ne sais quoi that makes your knees melt!

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Surprisingly, my knees don't melt at a Scottish accent. English, yes, Irish, yes, Scottish? Nope.

Wait! One exception to that rule: Have I already mentioned my willingness to have sex with Ewan McGregor? If not, then I have just now.

13. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Yes it is. That's why I wrote about the other one being "compatible" with me, as in - be on a similar level of maturity. Numbers are irrelevant to me.

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I WILL FIGHT YOU

15. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

After some thought, I've come to the conclusion that I'm unable to answer this question.

I'm at a point in my life where I'd be so overjoyed just to find a nice girl who loved/liked me enough to date me, I don't think age difference would be a thought.

16. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you, and that the process is as smooth as possible. The best of luck to you.

Certainly a good choice!

Also, Hugh Jackman.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

It's a social activity. Companionship, conversation, possibly making out or sex, or even chess. It's fun and rewarding.

This is the first I've heard of this. I'm very sorry. I hope everything works out for the best for you and that you find happiness.

18. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have you seen The Long Way Round? If not then I highly recommend it, I think it is one of the best travel shows ever made, and Ewan McGregor is ace in it. I'm not really a fan of any of his films except Shallow Grave & Big Fish, but he just comes off as a really affable guy.

Careful not to confuse it with its sequel, The Long Way Down though, which is still good, but just not as good as the first one.

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Just one question, what is this think called dating? :p

I don't think many of us can help whom we are attracted to, so for some age is an irrelvance, but maybe 10 years at a push.

20. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Y'all can have Sean Connery. I'll take Patrick Stewart, please. His voice (and other parts). :adore:

And Allan Rickman's voice. :adore: