The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Does he come with fractured ankle?

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

DAMN YOU HASB......Oh wait.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "I'm pegwarming....and I can't get up!"

:)

I kid the Stormtrooper Han. I doubt he'd be a slow or poor seller.

4. OdoWanKenobi

I think they must have deliberately made sure we couldn't create out own, by making the neck balls different sizes. Yes, I checked. I was sure it would be the easiest custom ever.

Well, at least it might have been if I could ever find a Stormtrooper. It's Boba Fett all over again.

5. cooleddie74

I know the feeling.

There've been 11 six-inch figures released so far (not counting the SDCC-exclusive Boba with Carbonite Han) and I've seen ten of them. All except the Stormtrooper.

I know he's going to be shipped again in the Wave 4 case assortment, but knowing collectors and scalpers it won't make him all that much easier to find.

6. cooleddie74

Brand new, packaged images of the Darth Vader wave of 6" Black Series figures just hit. This is the first assortment in the new, slightly revamped window packaging.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. OdoWanKenobi

Whoa! Packaged shots before we've even seen a proto? What is this madness?

I know it's a bad pic, but Vader's proportions look off. I hope it's just a trick of the light.

8. cooleddie74

Could also be the way he's crammed into the form-fitting tray and his head and limbs are all sort of crunched up.

For the record, this is the removable helmet Vader but they just don't have the helmet off to display Anakin's scarred and damaged head sculpt. I'd prefer if they did, but I understand the collectors who say they prefer the helmet on inside the packaging.

9. OdoWanKenobi

Oh, and can I just say how pleased I am that they seem dedicated to giving us as many versions of Luke as possible. Usually I would be annoyed at endless character variants, but this is Luke Fucking Skywalker. Every single thing he wore is incredibly iconic in my mind.

10. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Just a suggestion for future reference, if you are trying to put a larger socket over a smaller ball, you can stuff the hole to tighten it up. I use paper tape (medical supply) for smaller scale adjustments. For the reverse you might try sanding the ball down.

CCC.

11. cooleddie74

Yeah, I'd rather see half a dozen new Lukes in 6" scale than half a dozen more 3.75" Anakins. We haven't been getting enough OT characters.

12. OdoWanKenobi

Oh yeah, I've done the odd customization here and there. I was just trying this one because I was curious if it was as simple as swapping the heads. I had no intention of it actually being on my shelf, as I just have one Han and one Sandtrooper (who the Stormtrooper shares most of a mold with.

13. cooleddie74

If we're getting an official 6" Han in Stormtrooper Disguise I wonder if a Stormtrooper Luke won't be far behind. They released both of them in 3.75" scale in the Legacy Collection in 2008 and 2009.

14. OdoWanKenobi

Observation of how far gone I am: I bought a bookshelf today. Before there are even any books in it, it has toys on top of it.

15. cooleddie74

Simon Pegg - a geek after our own hearts - waxes nostalgic about Star Wars toys on Twitter:

[​IMG]

:)

16. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Makes me wonder:
    [​IMG]

17. cooleddie74

:hugegrin: :razz:

Well played.

18. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

I don't know or care who that is, but what gets me is he will never see that response, and people like that deserve to see it.

CCC.

19. cooleddie74

Who knows, the other guy might have already seen that Simon Pegg Tweeted those. I know if Simon Pegg replied to one of my Tweets I'd be smiling like a little kid.

20. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

It's a bit of an aside, but 14 years ago, I went into a Big Lots store and found a generic line of police figures one summer. They weren't anything special, they had simple articulation and weapons, but they had decent sculpting and paint jobs for 3.75-inch figures and there was also a slew of separate vehicles.

Plus, these figures only cost 99 cents at the time. Having grown up with the original Kenner Star Wars figures, I fell in love with 'em. It was like '77 or '78 all over again.
    :D

Over the years, they introduced different lines with matching vehicles and play sets--firefighter, military, construction, and space. Eventually, the line died out at Big Lots, but some of it has been partially resurrected as the True Heroes line currently at Toys R Us. Go fig.
    :shrug: