Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ah! one I don't have.

YOINK! TY STO!

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Eh, I'll claim it just because, but that's 2/2 on ones I have no intention of using. Already got a million costumes from set pieces and whatnot, and all my BOFFs are the unique ones you can't put into uniforms anyway, so nowhere to display most of these things...

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Meh, never could get into using a full special boff crew. I follow the Trek formula and have one "special" officer at most.

4. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Whoever runs the STO Facebook account (Branflakes, I'd imagine) said the next three days will have KDF-available ships
    So that's something.

Also, the lockbox is Elachi, who'da guessed?

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Because there hasn't been any slot growth to account for all of the special rewards over the years, just KEEPING the special BOFFs has crowded out most of my 'normal' crew, even if they were purples. 2 Borg, a Reman, a Breen, a Jemmy... A couple of the originals are still on the team (upgraded to purple, of course), but not much room. And usually the special ones have additional skills that make them a better choice, so my regular guys usually just stay on the ship, and I use them more for the ship powers, whereas the special guys beam down. Just annoying you can't tweak their look at all, even to put them in a uniform...

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

And the Android and the Photonic Doctor. It's drifted so badly that I forgot TWO and didn't notice ;)

7. Timelord Victorious

The Android is alright. You can customize it as it's basically just an alien with special costume pieces and abilities.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Not complaining about any of them, they're ok. Just pointing out that I've got 7 BOFFs that are in addition to the 'regular' ones, so it's crowded them out. And out of that group, the android is the only one you can do any customizing to or put in a uniform.

It would be nice if you were allowed to select between the default costume and the starfleet option. Basically like when you choose to wear the MACO or OMEGA costumes; can either do that or the regular uniforms, but can't mix/match much. Where's the harm in having a borg in a starfleet uniform, as he's part of my crew anyway? Have the option to wear their 'native' costumes, but allow them to mix in with the rest of the team. Would at least make them look a little customizable, vice every away team having the same 4 guys following them around.

On the other hand, once you hit endgame there's almost ZERO use for your away team anymore anyway, so not like you see them much. Either running group events or solo items, maybe sometimes you can bring one guy down with you. Beaming down as a group almost never comes up anymore...

9. Timelord Victorious

This seems to change with the new adventure zones. Since we get a new one soon, you will see more of them then. :)

Apparently boffs get back into focus. They are revamping the Fed tutorial right now and give your crew a similar treatment like the Romulans got. So make them more involved. Looking forward to get a new First Officer type.

10. Timelord Victorious

The freebie today is the Yellowstone Runabout.

It comes with a special engine that enables any shuttle craft to use an AoE slow debuff.

You can also use the standard Danube runabout skin instead of the Yellowstone skin.

It is better than a standard runabout and better than a standard shuttle.

Though I think Captain's Yacht, Delta Flyer and Peregrine fighter still beat it.

Klingons can claim the KDF fighter for free today, too.

11. pymfan2000

pymfan2000 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Timelord beat me to it! I was about to spread the word.

:techman:

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Not bad. And finally a little love for the KDF side. Got the Yacht and the Flyer, so again unlikely to be used, but neat skin at least. And while they're free, may as well unlock everything you can.

They said 3 KDF ships coming. Was looking at the list and only saw 2 as 'obvious' options (i.e. cheap enough to give away for free). not sure what the 3rd option would be...

13. Timelord Victorious

The Runabout is worth claiming for the special engine alone which is usable on any small craft!
    And it is a good ship if you don't have nothing but stock shuttle.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

True enough. Because of how the STFs used to work, though, even my shuttles are rocking sets of gear. They've got the Mk XI sets I no longer needed when i finally got Mk XII.

Outside of the 1 ship and 1 shuttle I really use, the ships/shuttles are just extra storage, anyway. All the STF/breen/dominion/etc set pieces, a couple different flavors of weapons, etc. In theory, they could all fly with only a few tweaks, but really just places to put stuff, not geared towards use

15. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I always wanted the Yellowstone's engines and now I can get it for free. Cool.

So if I have both fed and kdf characters, I can claim both shuttles?

16. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Yup, I did. :borg:

17. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    As did I!

18. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Rhode Island for the Feds and Phlanax Sci vessel for the KDF today.

19. Timelord Victorious

Yes, and claiming them, enables you to get the fleet version cheap for just one ship module!

Edit: Strike that, only T5 C-Store ships get you a discount on modules.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  20. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

While nice, I wish the Rhode Island special ability console lasted longer than 5 seconds...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.