what is your favorite class of starship and y

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by kent, Jan 26, 2009.

1. roy sholay

roy sholay Cadet Newbie

Yay! Someone with sense! ;p I lOVE the Akira class, but have you ever noticed it looks like the Enterprise NX01 upside down....?

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, the NX-01 looks like an Akira turned upside down. Just because Enterprise was a prequel doesn't mean it came first. :p

3. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sovereign all the way! Followed by Galaxy Class, Intrepid Class, Defiant Class, Akira Class, Nebula Class, Excelsior Class, and the Ambassador Class

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the Ambassador class has been my favorite fromt he first time I saw it. It's a nice progression from the Connie, just nice graceful lines. I also love the Conistitution refit, Nebula, and Defiant class ships.

I could never really put my finger on why I don't care for the Soverign, maybe because it looks slightly different in every movie, I don't know. It just doesn't look right for some reason.

5. Captain Gandalf

Captain Gandalf Commodore Commodore

Here's another vote for the original Constitution Class.

6. TigerOfDarkness

TigerOfDarkness Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I vote for the original Consitiution class as well. My only justification is that I think it looks nicest.

7. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Sadly took me a minute to get what the heck you were on about!! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

8. Stewey

Stewey Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lots of variety in the answers which shows that there is a ship for everyone. I'm assuming its fed ships that are being asked of so for me it would have to be the Excelsior class. To me it is a very nice evolutionary step from the constitution refit, which is my second favourite.

The refit just looks right, adapted for the then modern style without taking too much away from the original ship. To me it doesn't seem to have dated too much, I think the design could sell well today if shown for the first time. The long scene which shows off the refit in TMP is still one of my favourite scenes from the entire franchise, the way the music matches the imagry still works so well.

9. Autobot

Autobot Captain Captain

:techman:

10. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I loved that design too - though the first glimpse of it in TSFS was one of the best shots. I recently watched the extras on the DVD to hear the design logic was a Japanese Starship.

More recently the Akira and NX-01 styles have appealed top me. Maybe as it was something reletavly fresh, plus the Sovereign with it's more high-tech look.

The movie era E-Refit style will always be one of the favourites too, though the Nebula and the Intrepid never really appealed to me. They both had some ugly angles - such as the beauty shot of Voyager that was throw around in it's first year. Awful.

11. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

Agreed, I love the Intrepid Class, the coolest class of Star-Ship in the Fleet. Reguarding the Defient, IMO it's the A-10 Warthog of the fleet, not to good looking, but very rugged, powerful engines and TONS of firepower at it's disposal...

12. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Hear, hear! I also am quite fond of the TOS Constitution and Voyager, and am probably one of the few that likes the Galaxy class a great deal.