Person of Interest Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob Morton, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's meant to parallel the beginning of the season where Reese was active while Finch was held captive. Though Finch did have more screen time then than Reese did in this episode. Also I'm guessing is that this week's episode is Reese intensive and they wanted to give Caviezel time off to freshen up.

2. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

Today's episode was good. Somewhat different than the typical episode. Fusco handling the "case of the week" seemed more like comic relief.

It would be great if they had more episodes like this.

3. Enterprise is Great

I was wondering why they were showing the flashbacks with Kara Stanton and then Donnelly's number came up and instantly I knew she was going to take him out and nad Reese.

4. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

I like the current approach to delve more into the "mystery" or history of the characters, or John in that case, it is a nice diversion from the cases of the week.

And it introduced me to Eminence Front, thus to The Who. Let's see what comes out of this.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

It was and it was hilarious.

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Solid episode. I really enjoyed it. I especially liked seeing John and Carter getting to know each other a little better. And I loved how we only got bits and pieces of Fusco's adventure. That was really well handled I thought.

7. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

That. Was. Awesome.

I figured this one would be centered around Carter, Reese and Donnelly, and didn't think Elias would come into play in this episode.

Oh and superhero supermodel saving Fusco was strangely awesome. I thought it'd be lame but it was short enough and so ridiculously over the top that it didn't bother me.

8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was brilliant. I loved Fusco living out an action movie. Also loved Finch suiting up!

9. Savage Dragon

I just walked by the Intercontinental Hotel at 48th and Lex and they were filming Person of Interest there. Looks like they're shooting there all week. Very cool to see!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  10. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice. I'm glad this isn't another show that uses NY backdrops but films in Vancouver or some other equally non-NY place.

11. Savage Dragon

They actually filmed around the corner from my apartment a few months back too.

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

It WAS. :lol:

I also liked how Finch seemed disappointed that he didn't have to stage a prison break.

13. Enterprise is Great

It sucks that we have to wait 3 weeks for the next new episode. Cliffhangers...argh! :)

14. jayceee

Good episode tonight.

It looks like the Kara Stanton/Mark Snow story arc is finished for good. (Other than maybe in flashback sequences).

More generally, it appears many of the major ongoing story arcs from season 1 are either finished or at a point where things are wrapped up for now. (ie. "Man in the suit" investigation, Kara Stanton + Mark Snow, HR being weakened, Elias behind bars). Almost like wiping the slate clean, like a partial reboot.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Glad to see Stanton gone, but now we have the Englishman. Who is he and who is his employer?

So...Finch sold the laptop? He got Finch burned, so that's why he chose him? Or did he burn him in order to use him? The plot definitely thickens.

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wayne Enterprises. :D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCmrvHMoDFE[/yt]

17. Enterprise is Great

Once I found out that Annie Parisse was a series regular on The Following I pretty much figured that Kara Stanton was done for on PoI. Though at the end I almost expected to see her escape from the car right before the explosion. But the I realized that t hey showed it so we could see Finch's name on that piece of paper.

18. jayceee

It will be interesting to see how many more upcoming episodes will resemble the past two episodes ("Prisoner's Dilemma" and "Dead Reckoning"), as opposed to the generic "SS number of the week" type episodes.

So far over the series, it seems like Finch's backstory is still somewhat of a mystery. It's been gradually revealed in dribs and drabs.

19. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

I couldn't help but chuckle when Finch said the uploaded program would do whatever it does in five months.

Setting up the second season finale obviously.

20. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amazing that a dog could be introduced as a character and do such a good job! Bear is great, and being used to reflect the characters' emotions is done well--Finch couldn't give Reese a hug, but Bear could knock him over with joy.

Glad that Snow's and Kara's arcs are done. Fusco and Carter were doing good, but I wasn't liking Carter's delivery-I think that's more direction than acting.