Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Voyager" got far better as the show went on. It took a while for the show to find its own voice. The early seasons seemed to repeat a lot of what TOS and TNG did, but once Seven and the Borg entered, "Voyager" began to develop its own storyline. Plus, a lot of other characters became less cliched, and more unique, as the writers figured out different things they could do with them.

2. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi! Yes, Voyager definitely had a few "what-the-hell?" moments:)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been enjoying the first 3 seasons after rewatching 4-7 for years. The first 3 are better than I remembered. But 4-7 are still my favorites, 7 totally upgraded the show storywise :D

4. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

Here is another Star Trek Forum which i have just discovered where everyone can have fun and share ideas/information
    www.fanforum.com

6. Cromwell

Cromwell Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey, I'm not new but I explained on the Deep Space Nine thread why I'm, basically, treating the forum as if I were.

Either way, Voyager was never my favourite series but it does hold a special place in my heart (I re-enacted a scene from "Caretaker" in one of my secondary school drama exams, for instance).

I'm currently working on what might best be described as a gigantic super-indulgent rewrite of the series and I'm here to pick up some ideas.

I really like Chakotay and always wished they'd done more with him. My favourite episode of Voyager was "Distant Origin".

7. teacake

WOW. Which one was it?

8. Cromwell

Cromwell Lieutenant Red Shirt

I can't quite remember, actually. It was one with Chakotay in it and someone, probably a teacher or invigilator, has a recording of it somewhere.

9. teacake

And btw go ahead and start a Chak thread, we haven't had one for a while. It will be derailed, but you will also hear lots about Chak and what he should have been and what he wasn't and his magic drug machine.

10. teacake

OH I see you started a caretaker thread, well that should cover everything :lol:

11. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Ahh, welcome. Good to know that there is another fan in the space who likes Chakotay. This is very rare in this forum. Chakotay (and Beltran) aren`t popular here.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  12. CaptJaneway

CaptJaneway Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi!

I love Voyager, so I'm glad to have found a place where I can express that :borg:

My favorite character is obviously Janeway, but I am really fond of Seven of Nine, too. I am currently only on season 5, so I haven't gotten to the end of the series, although I have already found out the end thanks to a wiki saying the ending suddenly on a Borg-related article. The end is never really the point, though, is it? It's all about the journey! I really liked Kes, and I also currently favor B'Elanna and Paris. Really the only person I am least fond of is Neelix, but I don't even dislike him that much; he's just kinda annoying to me.

This series is probably the most special to me because it is the first one I was exposed to, but I've also gotten equally as far into TNG. My favorite character there is easily Worf; he always makes me laugh somehow! Deanna, Data, and Geordi are also my favorites there. However, Voyager is just so special and unique in its premise that I don't understand why it isn't more popular than it is!

It's nice to meet you all! I look forward to talking more :cool:

13. Janeway’s Girl

Welcome CaptJaneway! Voyager was my first exposure to Trek as well. I love Janeway, the EMH, and Tom the most! Enjoy yourself:)

14. CaptJaneway

CaptJaneway Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I always forget about how much I love the doctor. At first I was like, "How can a hologram be so bitchy?" but then I just stopped caring about that and fell in love with his personality and facial expressions! I actually might even like him more than Janeway sometimes, but only because he doesn't suffer the same emotional limitations as humans. I guess that's the reason I like Data sometimes more than Worf and Troi in TNG even though the latter two are superb. I'm so glad to have people to talk about Star Trek with! :vulcan:

15. Janeway’s Girl

16. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome :-)

17. starfan97

starfan97 Ensign Newbie

I mostly liked how they developed the characters so well throughout the series. I felt like Voyager and her crew stuck pretty true to going "where no man has gone before"... whether they wanted to or not. Janeway was a natural leader, and she got the crew to work together, and gained their respect. It also tackled some moral issues as well, and I appreciate that. Star Trek in general does that pretty well.

18. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to the forum, Star fan

19. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

I am re-watching Voyager at the moment and while it wasn't my favorite of the franchise I find that I am enjoying myself much more than I did the first time around. I think back then I was a bit of a hard core fan nitpicking at everything and this time I'm just sitting back and going with it.

Its a lot funnier than I remembered.

20. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voyager has the least gravitas but the most humour, warmth and funnage.