Could the "new" villain be....????

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by los2188, Sep 17, 2012.

1. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

Just a thought....any chance that the villain in the next Trek movie is Jim Kirk's older brother?? I know, I know....it was just a thought but highly unlikely.

2. Lt. Zanne

Lt. Zanne Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

how would he be villianous?

3. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

The role has been described as "iconic". I don't believe Jim Kirk's older brother falls into this category.

Khan. :techman:

4. Lt. Zanne

Lt. Zanne Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

frankly, I think the word iconic is thrown around so often its meaning has no value. but khan is definitely a guy we all know...

5. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

I know, I know...it was just a random thought, however, do you think Kirk's brother in some way could be a villain given the right circumstances? I mean all the attention, all the praise and glory given to Jim Kirk, where as his brother is living in his shadow and be becomes so enraged and tired of it....yes...no?

6. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Depends on the nature of the man. A certain amount of envy regarding a sibling who has achieved high status and prestige is understandable. But for that to consume your whole being and twist you into someone bent on their downfall? Hmmm. Unless Jim seriously aggrieved him in the past and as a consequence stuffed up his own chances of success, I don't see a plausible motivation.

Hell, I say ride on the coattails. Jim Kirk saved the planet - and he's your brother! You could have a bevy of hot chicks wanting to nail you as the next best thing to Captain Fantastic himself!

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The villain was going to be Sam Kirk, but at the last minute they changed their minds and renamed him Johnny.

8. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think the new villain(s) are Quark and Rom. Quark gets another ship and enlists Rom help to check things out, and wouldn't you know it, they travel back in time...again.

Hijinks ensue.

It's box office gold.

9. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

These posts crack me up.

10. alfredodedarc

alfredodedarc Cadet Newbie

It is no doubt Khan, but not as we knew him. He won't have the hatred of kirk burned into him, so Kirk will have to piss him off in some other fashion. They cannot mess with his origin in the Eugenics Wars [other than perhaps changing the date they occurred], otherwise we'll know the JJverse has no connection at all with the original timeline since the wars supposedly happened pre- Nero incursion- and the reboot will fall completely apart.
    Since they pulled things from novels for the first movie, there may not be a need to change the dates since there are a series of novels that justify that the Eugenics Wars did indeed happen in the 1990s and melds them with real world events of the time- and did it very well.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unless he's on PCP or something to explain how...
    ...he can brush off a phaser blast at point blank range, then mop the floor with Spock, and be able to shrug off a Vulcan neck pinch like it's nothing.
    ...I'm not so sure it can be Sam.

12. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Sam has already been introduced in the comic tie-in, surviving "Operation: Annhilate", and the artists made him look like a longhaired version of George Kirk Sr (ie. actor Chris Hemsworth, not Mr Cumberbatch).

[​IMG]
    George Kirk Jr by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

He does look like Thor!

:lol:

14. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

Still hoping for the Kang/Kor/Koloth triad, myself. Won't happen this time, I know, but... maybe someday.

15. Rory1080p

Rory1080p Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think Kahn is most likely, be interesting to see how they do it if this is the case.

16. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, bringing back Lenara Kahn as the enemy in a movie set during the TOS era certainly would be an unexpected twist...

17. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

I believe Cumberbatch will play Decius. He was the young ambitious Romulan in 'Balance of Terror'. Cumberbatch even looks like the actor who played him. He was the same guy who played Stonn in 'Amok Time'.

18. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Two Romulan baddies in a row? Nah.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

My current theory (subject to change in the next five minutes):

The Enterprise is sent to hunt down a rogue Starfleet ship in Klingon space, whose crew includes Captain Peter Weller, Dr. Elizabeth Dehner (Alice Eve) and Ben Cumberbatch.

It'll turn out this ship's senior staff are all Section 31 members and they're up to no good, trying to hurt the Klingon Empire somehow, probably involving bombs in volcanoes. It will be discovered that Cumberbatch is an Augment superbaby that S31 had hatched and tried to domesticate (similar to Gary Seven's attempts with Khan in the Eugenics Wars books that Bob Orci mentioned reading during the movie's development) and that Sulu is an S31 agent on the Enterprise (as per the possible recruitment scene in the comics) who will have to decide where his loyalties lie.

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Section 31 = :barf: