Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I'm playing the the DLC mission right now. Without getting into spoilers, yes. Pick it up. It's pretty awesome, though it's also very apparent that it should have been a part of the main game. Day One DLC for the loss.

2. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Right, I think it's time for me to avoid this thread until my copy arrives, hopefully on Friday...

3. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

You know what I find interesting is that while many people thought that Mass Effect 3 was going even further into the cover based shooter direction, I find that in many games the game has picked up on some of the RPG elements that I missed from ME1. Character customization is much improved when compared to ME2 and yet doesn't feel as overly clunky or time consuming as it did in ME1. It seems to me that the really hit the sweet spot this time.

4. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Not exactly an auspicious start. The game wouldn't import my Shepard's face correctly. Had to remake her from scratch.

It was all uphill from there, though. So far it has the makings of a better story than ME2 had, although I suppose I'd better hold off on saying that until the end.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, makes me glad that I wrote down all of my custom Shepards' face codes back when I was playing through ME2. My current Shepard uses the Sheploo face, but all my other ones have custom faces. It would have sucked having to do them all over again from scratch. I'll probably have to edit them a bit like I did for the demo, but that's not as big a deal.

6. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

13 hours in and I think I've run into my first broken quest. Bleh.

7. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The first broken quest I thought I came to had to do with Colonel Tie and the Blue Suns, but I was able to figure that out after exploring more....and more.

I'm only bout 5 and a half hours into it right now though. But its been fun. The changes to the combat mechanic dont bother me at all as it playes similar to how i played the second one.

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

In this thread, you should be safe. There was a consensus a couple days ago to keep this thread spoiler-free, which is why I've kept my posts about my play experience as free of specific details as possible (using a vague phrase like "an old friend," for example).

If it involves not being able to speak to someone after being told to go to them, save your game, then load that same save. That situation has happened to me, and doing so allowed me to talk to the NPC after loading.

9. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Nah, mine involves
    the quest where the Hanar delegate might be a spy or something. its the one where Kasumi makes an appearance. I try to click on the console but they aren't selectable. Its apparently a common glitch.

10. ThunderAeroI

I had this issue, but it isn't an issue. You need to go to a different terminal. You don't use the same one more than once, expect for once. Go explore the citadel, trust me there are things there you want to do at that point.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I just finished that mission a few minutes ago. Use your map to help you find the locations of the terminals.

12. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I was able to play for 44 minutes last night using an imported save on the PC to mirror my 360 play through of ME1 and 2. I am not too far, but the scope seems to be suitably epic. My major complaint so far is that the textures seems to be lower res then ME2. Other than that, I am enjoying the fact that load times are much less then when I played ME2.

13. ThunderAeroI

I found the PC textures to be really nice although when your in the same locations sometimes its hard to retcon the look and feel of the place.

14. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I know where the terminals are, I just cant click them

15. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

They seemed a little low-res, though mostly during conversations when you are up close to the characters. Not a bad looking game, just a bit distracting.

16. Skywalker

I'm about nine hours into the single player, but I'm going to take a break now and try out the multiplayer, see how that effects the War Assets.

17. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have absolutely no interest in multiplayer.

18. Skywalker

Ugh, I miss my high-level characters from the demo. :lol:

19. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Goddammit.. Amazon has apparently fucked it up. It's 8.09pm and i've only just received an email that the package has been shipped.. on the 7th.

I doubt it will get here tomorrow on time at release day.. and if things really go bad i'd not be able to play it until Monday morning (get notification in mail box but won't be able to pick up on the same day, am away all Friday until late at night and have class Saturday until 1pm at which time the post office has already closed).

I'm thinking of getting home tomorrow, checking the mail box or if there was a package left with a neigbor and if not hopping to the nearest store and buy the damned thing and do a first ever.. return an Amazon shipment for a refund.

And the worst thing is.. my colleague got his PS3 version today in the morning :mad:

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

*stumbles in wearing a spoiler proof blindfold*

Just a little something for my fellow PC gamers; Alienware are giving away promo codes for a DLC sniper rifle. You have to sign up for a free account with them (which is of course the whole point) but what's one more piece of occasional spam? Besides, free stuff! ;)

*stumbles back out*