Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 17, 2009.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

10.2%
  2. Above Average

21.6%
  3. Average

28.4%
  4. Below Average

17.0%
  5. Poor

22.7%
  1. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

No, it means they got the audience member to pay at least once, regardless of the quality (or lack thereof) of the movie. ET 2 could be a pile of steaming crap, but would do phenomenal business its first weekend, too.

--Ted

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Megan Fox definitely isn't the strongest actress ever, but I think the bigger problem is they tried to turn her into a soft lovey dovey type, and that's clearly NOT who she is. You could tell she was cringing inside at some of that corny dialogue she had to say. lol

3. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

I went in with the lowest of low expectations and a great time! It is a silly, mindless action movie and on that level it succeed well. I found the action and basic plot easy to follow and just a vehicle for each action sequence. I won't get into the plot problems, etc, but turned my brain off when watching and had 2.5 hours of fun and escape. Just what I was looking for.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I saw it after working a 12-hour day, so I was exhausted and my brain was fried. I think that's why I was able to enjoy myself so much! :lol:

5. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

That's true and you can tell they were just going on how she looks...I mean seriously did we need that scene where she is stripping off half her clothes?

6. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^ We needed it more than seeing a dog humping another dog.

7. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I was fine with that scene, but then again I find her hot and knew that this was the kind of movie where everything would be exploited from robots to explosions to humor. I think Fox changing for Sam was the LEAST of this film's problems.

8. Thespeckledkiwi

There was more than that.

How in God's name did they make Wheelie even more annoying?

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So, I've not yet seen this movie -this weekend I went to see "The Hangover"- but I'll likely see it this weekend with my best-friend (who was out of town this past weekend.)

But, needless to say, my hopes are not high as I didn't much like the first one.

But, anyway, anyone see the Spoony Experiment review? :lol:

10. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    See, I never found Wheelie in G1 as annoying as most fans make him out to be. Especially after "Headmasters", where he was a halfway competent character.

This Wheelie was annoying, but the character grew over the course of the movie. Then...they destroyed it all in one scene. *Sigh*

11. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

None of the characters annoyed me except Sam's mom when she was high on "brownies."

12. Thespeckledkiwi

Wheelie was actually decent in the comics. He was a tad annoying in the movies.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just a tidbit about the audience reaction to the movie in the theatre I was in, first of all it was a packed house and people who were late coming in were turned back (I wonder if they got their tickets bumped to a later show?) and most everyone laughed at the obvious jokes. I was a little shocked at the end when two thirds of the audience gave the movie a standing ovation. I was just sitting with my friends and I turned to one and said....wtf...they're giving this a standing ovation?

I hated the comedic deconstruction of Judy and Ron Witwickey, they were one of my favourite parts of the first movie. I'm a big Kevin Dunn fan (Ron) especially Judy acting like an insane mom on campus and then getting high on brownies. I don't think the Judy from Transformers would have done that. The only good scene they had together was in Egypt when Sam was telling them that they had to let go (I actually almost shed a tear) and let Bumblebee take them.

14. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

I thought this movie was better than the first, but the first had a little more heart I guess. This movie was big, very big! Plenty of robots and plenty of action. The Decepticons got a lot more time than the Autobots and Starscream was finally realized as the squirmish coward who wanted to take over. Megatron was awsome and had more face time. Bumble Bee kicked ass and so did Optomus. The humor was so much better and although the movie was long, I was fine with it. Star Trek should have had that leangth. Nero's sub plot would have made more sense if it would have been left in. This movie kept everything. The things I didn't like were the Twins and the fact that were exposed to so many no name robots that just got killed or had no lines. I thought that Orci wanted RC. in so bad, but she didn't get any lines. Ratchet and Ironhide had very little lines and Jet fire had too many. I wanted to see Jetfire kick more ass. I thought I saw thundercracker , but he got killed in the forest. Sound wave was awsome though and definately my favorite new bot. I hope soundwave comes back in the third one. I just can't see what else can happen other than the final battle like Star Wars, POTC, LOTR, ect...ect.... I loved devestator, but he was kinda in choherant. They need to give them faces that you look at and say, theres his face. I gave it an above agerage 8.5 out of 10 no Dark Knight, but definately a good sequel. I also want to say I loved the interaction with the military too.

15. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

that was Starscream, Megs and Grindor in the forest. Grindor being the Blackout clone.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I decided to see this one yesterday.
    It was disappointing overall and about 50 minutes too long.

The good ?
    I really enjoyed and liked the battles and the robots kicking each others ass. Especially the forest battle.
    And contrary to many, I had no real problem following the action or see who was the Autobot and who the Decepticon.
    I also liked the Autobots working with a military team angle. Soundwave wasn't bad and it was good that Megatron and Starscream got to speak more in this one. And the Megan Fox on the bike scene was nice.

That was about it really as far as the goods in this movie go.

The humor was a failure for the most part, the twins and the mom where useless, stupid, annoying and a complete waste of screen time and especially after they meet the Sector 7 guy the movie really started to drag...

Had they cut the twins, toned down the mom, had less "humor", reduced the length to about 2 hours and done some better editing job this could have actually been fun.

Well, at least we'll always have the robot battles.

17. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

You assume, from your line, that the auidence went to see it as they were "fooled". You dont take into the account the possibility that people were completely aware of what type of movie it would be like, based off the first one, how Michael Bay normally directs a film, and advertisement for this film, and they went to see it anyway as they were looking forward to it.

The post I quoted of you also involved you and another poster both lamenting the fact that the movie had made such a large amount of money and how that was "sad".

Like the movie or dont, I personally dont care as it doesnt affect my enjoyment of the movie either way. However, what does annoy me on discussions like this, is when people put forward the impression that the only way people could possibly like movies like this is, if they were fooled into paying their money, or that their taste is somehow inferior to the people criticising the movie.

18. Llama

Llama Captain Captain

I could tolerate the penis jokes; I could tolerate the racist/gender/age etc stereotypes; but I could NOT tolerate the bad geography. PICK UP A FUCKING ATLAS!

* Egypt is not Jordan (nor is it Saudi Arabia as one map showed) - I'm pretty sure Egypt wouldn't want clearly designated Jordan warplanes flying in its airspace
    * You cannot walk from Petra in Jordan to the Pyramids in Geza (well you could, but it would take a while - and you'd need food and water...and several weeks...)
    * There is no border between Jordan and Egypt (hence no border crossing) - Israel is in the way
    * And didn't the ruins near the pyramids look a lot like the Iraqi town in the first movie (well all arabs are the same...)

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watching her run in that shirt helped distract from the constant explosions at least.

EDIT: Looking through the thread I see Jack Bauer agrees with me. :)

20. Llama

Llama Captain Captain

Megan Fox did help to distract me from the bad geography in those final scenes... :drool::drool::drool: