Whats the most amount of money you've ever found?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tribble puncher, Apr 23, 2013.

1. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Around $1500.

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I found a woman's wallet with a bunch of credit cards and a couple hundred dollars in it once while I was walking in my neighborhood. Fortunately it had ID in it, so I was able to walk it over to her house and return it.

She then proceeded to count the money in front of me to make sure nothing was missing. :lol: I know she probably didn't mean anything personal by it and was just making sure, but it made me feel about an inch tall.

She still said thank you, though, and said she was glad I returned it when I did because she was just about to cancel her credit and debit cards. So it felt good helping her out.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I've found a few twenties here and there. They were on the ground, or wedged between bus/train seats, so there was basically zero chance of ever finding out who they belonged to.

Someone mentioned faulty bank transfers, so I've got a good story there. My credit union has overdraft protection, which automatically pulls money out of your savings account if you overdraw checking. My ex's checking account was accidentally linked to someone else's savings account. Apparently, she kept overdrawing it, and they kept taking money out of the other person's account. Over a year-long period, she racked up about $700 this way. The credit union called me to do something about it, and I told them they could get it from her, as we were separated and there was no way I was going to pay it. She worked something out with them, I think, and got it paid off.

Just kind of crazy that they made such a mistake and took a year to find it.

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

5 bucks - but oh, how I have dreamed of finding duffel bags full of cash.

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

When I was at a pub in my younger days I spotted a folded up 2 dollar bill on the floor of the pub. I picked it up and unfolded only to find a 50 inside. Needless to say drinks were on me.

6. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

About 50$ in one shot. But, i can find random money just kind of chilling out all the time at work; too many drunks not taking it with them.

7. mari

mari Captain Captain

$50 bill in a snowbank, outside a bar. I was walking to my piano lesson at the time, so I must have been in 4th or 5th grade, and thus must have spent it on something full of sugar. I still keep my eye out for money near that bar, but haven't found more than a quarter since.

8. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My card was comprised once and I lost out on about £80, but the bank refunded it. But the company who took it later refunded it too....

I've found a few credit cards in the road before, a whole wallet too - handed in them.

Well the wallet I found on the way to work so gave it to my boss. He found a name in it, looked up a number and left a message. He then took it into the bank. A while later a lad phoned back, but I had to tell him it was at the bank. Problem was iit was his mothers - so presumably she'd have to collect it. So if she didn't know he'd borrowed it - and lost it - he'd have quite some explaining to do....

9. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

10. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Found a forgotten $100 bill in a pair of pants once. Had been in there over a year from a neighborhood poker night.

Took the family out for dinner...

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The company that took it?...eh? :confused:

12. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

When I moved into my current apartment, part of the deal was I would fix it up. Inside of one wall there was a drawstring bag with about twenty dollars in coins from the 1920s and '30s (it a real old building). I wonder about who's it was, twenty bucks was a nice piece of money back then.

:)

13. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

Strangely enough, I can't remember ever finding a bill of any denomination that didn't originally belong to me. Probably nothing more than a quarter.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Walking out of a theatre I once found a wallet full of money and cards between the seats. Unfortunately for some reason my determination roll came out "lawful good" that time and I turned it in to management. I was 17 at the time. Oh, the fun I could have had.

Other than that, the odd bill here and there. nothing bigger than a $20.

15. pigletsgiblets

pigletsgiblets Commodore Commodore

I've found $20 at the laundromat.Most of the time it's change that I find.

16. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

£10 Laying in a puddle which I kept.
    Also I have found two wallets which I handed in.

17. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

When My dad started a new Job he gave the company my bank details, so one week I got paid twice but my dad made me pay it back.:rolleyes:

18. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I love finding money in clothes I haven't worn in a long time!

19. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My details were stolen and a purchase made - I think it was with an Eastern Airline. The bank either chased them up about it, or perhaps they'd had several fraudulant transactions, and just refunded the lot.

20. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

$75 in quarters laying in the grass of a US Army chapel in Kirchgoens, Germany.