Who's your favorite character on each of the Trek series, and why?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 2, 2010.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS: KIRK! Because he's handsome, he's courageous, he thinks outside of the box, and he's loyal to his crew. :bolian:

TNG: PICARD! Took a while to warm up to this guy after TOS, but I really ended up digging the cerebral stud muffin! :drool:

DS9: SISKO! He's a Dad! His best friend is an old man in a young chicks body. The locals consider him a GOD, and he plays baseball. Oh... and he's not afraid to punch Q!:guffaw:

VOY: JANEWAY!!!!! I don't REALLY have to say why, do I? She's handsome, she's courageous, she thinks outside the box, she's loyal to her crew, she's cerebral, she's a Foster Mom, her best friend is an old man in a middleaged Vulcan body, she plays velocity and if necessary she's WILLING to punch out Q!

:rofl:

ENT: I got to say... T'POL. I liked her in SNW's and nothings really changed my mind since then. (Of course, I haven't seen everything)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. Galekarens

Galekarens Commander Red Shirt

TOS: Spock, like the brainy types and he was a little mysterious.
    TNG: Hmmm, I really just liked them as a group, tho I was sad when Tasha died.
    DS9: Kira - finally a woman of command stature (well, since Number One of the TOS pilot).
    Voy: KJ of course, a woman in charge and I liked it!
    ENT: Trip was a good guy and had some charm.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  3. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    All right, let's play. :D

TOS: McCoy. He had the best lines.
    TNG: The Captain! He could get preachy at times but he was awesome.
    DS9: Garak. Well, he had the best lines. :p
    VOY: Janeway, psycho and all.
    ENT: I think Hoshi, a fellow philologist.

4. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

TOS: McCoy. Cantankerous old men are always funny.
    TNG: Data probably, Worf a close second
    DS9: Odo and Quark, together as a double act.
    VOY: EMH. - in fact, he's my favourite character of all Trek
    ENT: Either Phlox or Trip

5. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Oh, and Broccoli. I love that guy.

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

This thread really should be in Gen Trek.

In any event...

I love all of the command crew on the 1701, but I suppose my favorite would probably be Montgomery Scott. He was a brilliant engineer, seemed like he'd be great fun to spend time with, and I think he could've had a great command career if he had wanted, based on his performances in command of the ship when Kirk and Spock were unavailable. "The best diplomat I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank," indeed, Mr. Scott!

On the 1701-D, I suppose it'd be Worf. I found the episodes focused on his Klingon heritage to be the most interesting of the character-focused episodes in TNG.

I'm currently in my first concerted run of DS9 and only in season two right now, so it's hard to say who I'd pick from that crew right now. At the moment, I'll go with Odo because I love his no-nonsense attitude to police work.

On the NX-01, it'd be Charles Tucker, easily. He was another brilliant engineer who shined even more on the rare occasions he took the center seat. I like Scott Bakula as an actor but I didn't think he was right for the Jonathan Archer role, so I found myself often wishing that Trip was the CO instead.

I saved the Voyager for last because it's the least enthusiastic answer I can give: the Emergency Medical Hologram by default, because everyone else I considered to be either too bland for consideration or because they flat-out annoyed me too much. In the case of the EMH, it of course came down to Robert Picardo's performance; with a different actor, I might not have been able to pick a single character from VOY as my "favorite."

7. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

TOS: Spock. Probably the most significant TV character in my formative years.
    TNG: Picard. European. Cerebral. Stern. Upright. Uptight. The definitive captain in my book.
    DS9: Quark. Stretching the line between ethical and unethical, he raises some good questions about cultures and assimilation. Also, funny as hell. But DS9 works mostly an ensable show for me.
    VOY: Dunno. Probably the Doctor. Tuvok was interesting, but tragically underused.
    ENT: Another difficult one. I'll say Reed. I like his deadpan humour and that he had insecurity issues. But mostly because I can't stand the others. T'Pol had chutzpah for a Vulcan, but was handled unevenly.

8. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Hmm... This is going to be tricky...

TOS: Kirk, Spock, McCoy or Scotty... so hard to call but... I'm going with Scotty (this time).
    TNG: Hard to call because it's now my least favourite and they all really bored me as characters. I'll go with Tasha.
    DS9: My second least favourite. I'll go with Jadzia.
    VOY: Paris or Chakotay... going with Paris. Chakotay could have been good if the character was written better.
    ENT: Trip, T'Pol or Malcolm... going with Trip.

9. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

tos: Bones. maybe because i found spock's logic as irritating as he did.
    tng: Picard. Patrick Stewart is so good that your willing to accept he's french.
    ds9: Garak. the best clothes and the best lines.
    voy: EMH or maybe Janeway when she was written as 'not bloodthirsty'. only because the rest were pretty bland.
    ent: Malcolm. i love malcolm. the only member of enterprise's crew that isn't completely insane. i want to give him a hug and tell him that one day trip will blow himself up.

10. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Here are my favorites:

TOS: Spock
    Close call between him and Kirk but the old Vulcan get my final vote.

TNG: Picard
    My votes to the captain in this excellent crew.

DS9: Kira
    Good character with an exciting background story. However, close call between her and Quark.

VOY: Kes
    I like them all very much but Kes is my favorite! :techman:

ENT: Trip Tucker
    Good character.

11. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

TOS: I Grok Spock
    TNG: Picard
    DS9: ????
    VOY: Janeway (Tuvok a close second)
    ENT: Porthos - he's so dang cute!

12. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Like PsychoPere says, it really should be in general...but what the hey, I'll cast in my lot.

TOS: Spock, hands-down. I love his snarking and his character in general.

TNG:
    Probably Picard. He's a diplomat and a thinker, but a surprisingly good military officer when he needs to be. I loved his general approach to problem-solving.

DS9: I really can't possibly choose. The show had an amazingly well-developed cast, both main and recurring. Ezri, Kira, Garak, and Sisko are probably all in the running though.

VOY: The Doctor, easy choice. He's an amazing character whose evolution is pretty well-handled, and I can't give Picardo enough praise for really bringing him to life.

ENT: Uh...Porthos, I guess. Don't know him well enough to dislike him.

13. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

TOS: Hard to say because the big three played off each other so well. Probably go with Kirk.
    TNG: Picard in the series. Before they turned him into action Picard in the movies.
    DS9: Odo. Tough as nails and takes no bullshit.
    VOY: Seven. Love her personality and her looks. Not many others could have pulled off that ridiculous catsuit.
    ENT: Phlox was cool.

(Yeah, the topic should be in General Trek, but what the hell.) ;)

14. JanewayRulz!

I was afraid my Voy loving heart would have been ripped (while still beating) from my chest if I ventured over there....

:rommie:

15. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Despite what certain posters who shall remain nameless try to propagate, most people don't have an issue with Voyager being liked, loved, or otherwise enjoyed.

16. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

^ What Ryu said. Give it a shot. VOY isn't that hated. :mallory:

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

TOS: Chekov...Not sure why.
    TNG: Data...He's cool.
    DS9: Jadzia Dax...Hot!
    VOY: Seven Of Nine...Hot!
    ENT: Hoshi Sato...Hot!

:D

18. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

TOS: Kirk. Because he is Kirk.

TNG: Picard. He's suave.

DS9: ARgh. Kira - Odo - Garak! How can I choose just one? This is as bad as the Janeway vs. Ripley poll.

VOY: Janeway by a country mile.

ENT: Phlox, I guess. Actually, I'm a bit meh on him, but I love his voice. Some of you may recall the joke about listening to Kate Mulgrew read the phone book. Well, I want John Billingsley to fill in during KM's smoke breaks.

19. JanewayRulz!

SPOCK: Captain Kirk, I shall consider it. :vulcan:

20. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TOS: Kirk. For talking computers to death, and reading the preamble to the Constitution with panache.

TAS: Arex, because he's flipping cool, that's why.

TNG: Picard, though it's mostly by default. Strong regulars were not, IMHO, one of the bright points of the show.

DS9: Garak--I always liked him.

VOY: Tuvok, because he is almost never at a loss for words.

ENT: Phlox, because he seems like such a pleasant guy, with an honorable mention to Tucker. They showed "Bound" on SyFy recently and this morning I FFed through it just to see his, "Aw, Captain Archer's in charge of this ship. You're sweet-talkin' the wrong guy" line. Something about that just resonates with me.