Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I liked the Franken ep. I never expected Gregor to survive the ep. (But now that I think about it - when Whale wanted to lynch Regina didn't he allude to having to get back to his brother?)

Are we to assume that Regina hauled Whale to Storybrooke because she wanted him there and that his brother is back in black and white world languishing?

I always thought Whale liked Ruby. So, I guess he is somewhat happy that the werewolf now pities him and understands.

I think that Emma wanted so badly to believe that the motorist did not see anything that she blinded herself. He was twitchy but she may have chalked that up to guilt over texting. But, the fact that she left him off with a warning just....yeah...too desperate.

Gold was on fire. I loved every scene.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Is Emma really as naive as she made herself out to be, or is she simply giving him enough rope to hang himself with? I was a little distracted during the ending, so, I don't know if it could go either way or not.

3. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I am not sure. I hope they are not dumbing her down just to service the plot.

We need outside drama to hit the town. So, we make Emma a little ditzy and send her backside off on a quest with Gold to find his son and possibly her old lover.

Only Pinocchio knows the truth and he is the worst fairy godmother ever! :guffaw:

4. js

js Captain Captain

Of course they could make it even more complicated... I've often wondered if they're going to have Henry (the boy) turn out to be Henry (Regina's father). :devil:

But I'm not even sure I could follow the family tree if that happened. :p

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Don't know, but now that Disney owns Star Wars, and we've already heard the opening theme song on a ring tone...well...I daresay this show is going to be quite a crossover factory in the coming seasons. :cool:

6. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Henry did point out that Frankenstein's story wasn't in the book of fairy tales.
    Pinochio was the one that changed the stories before, maybe there is method to this madness?

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, given that they've already mashed together Grimm's fairy tales, the Arabian Nights, Greek mythology, Arthurian legendry, Chinese folk tales, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Frankenstein (with, apparently, Hans Christian Andersen and L. Frank Baum on the way), it's hard to imagine any crossover they might balk at! :)

I figure Mowgli and Quasimodo are only a matter of time.

8. 137th Gebirg

Ah, yes, but will they ever add "Song of the South"? :devil:

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

And FreakyLinks! :bolian:

10. Greg Cox

And 101 Dalmatians!

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Here's a question. Does Disney exist in the world of Storybrooke?

12. Greg Cox

I'm going to go out on limb and predict that Uncle Remus will not be appearing in Storybrooke anytime soon . . . .

13. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Archie's dog is one Dalmatian. And his name is Pongo. Cruella (I vote Cora for the job) killed the puppies and Perdita.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to TVLine Cassidy Freeman (Tess from Smallville), will be guest starring in the next new episode as Jack, possibly of Jack & The Beanstalk.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Hooray for the Multiverse. :bolian:

And, if not, how does it effect contemporary culture? That's what I've always wondered about those modern-day Sherlock Holmes series; there's never any ramifications to there being no fictional Holmes.

17. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^You know the final scene of the series has already been written, don't you? It's repurposed/tweaked footage of Walt Disney introducing a new program, called Once Upon a Time.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Aren't the characters aware that they exist as Fairy Tale characters in the real world? So why wouldn't Disney exist there?

19. 137th Gebirg

Many of the fairy tales and other fictional characters being referenced are older than Disney itself, which has become something of a central clearing house for such things. It could be argued that many of these stories could have their roots in much older kinds of mythology that have been repackaged by Disney at a later time for children's consumption. I'm not a student of fairy tale history, but that would be my guess.

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

The homogenization and sanitation of Fairy Tales predate Disney. Though I'm fairly certain that names like Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Aurora, Phillip and Malecifent (Sleeping Beauty) originated with Disney. So the versions we see in Once Upon a Time are influenced by the Disney versions.