Star Trek TOS sound effects

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by treknician1701, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If its written in bold, it must be true. :techman:

BTW, what were you thinking with 'The Alternative Factor'?:)

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Burning a 'J' with Gene R. on the bridge set while sharing a bottle of Bourbon. The whole night is a blur though I remember we did call Nichelle Nichols pretending to be MLK Jr.

3. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Is there a definitive TMP (or other movie-era) Sound FX archive beyond what's on TrekCore?

4. treknician1701

treknician1701 Lieutenant Commander

Well, actually, contacting Neil Norman and Mark Banning would be a good idea, however, if you look on the back of the recordings for "The Cage/WNMHGB" you will see "Special thanks to Ford Thaxton and Greg Stone" written right there! If you did a Google search for "Star Trek" and "Greg Stone" that would be one of the hits you would find. If you look at the back of the Crescendo TOS sound effects album, you will see the words "Special thanks to.....Ralph Miller". The reason for this was that Neil didn't want to use BOTH of our names, and Ralph had done a LOT of editing on the sounds that we gave to Neil, and I wanted to make sure that he got credit for them. YES, this is the SAME Ralph M. Miller that was on THAT video.
    So, you can check the story out for yourself, as I really don't think anyone would take me at face value, especially after Bill J and Double O had to say.

But I don't really care. You have gossip, innuendo, rumors and supposition, and I have the facts and the truth.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Heck I just want to know what the contribution was by Ford A Thaxton, legendary scourge of Usenet B5 fandom. :lol:

7. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Captain Pike has an illusion, and you have reality. May your way be as pleasant.

8. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I think we're done here. At least, *I* am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.