Stargate farewell in your comics page today

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Cartoonist, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

My goodbye to Stargate in today's Candorville, in papers today (maybe in yours, if you get a newspaper):

[​IMG]

http://candorville.com/2011/06/05/stargate-universe-canceled/

I've largely avoided this forum for the past few years, because I realized early on I enjoy shows a lot more when I don't read the consensus opinions about them sucking. I won't go so far as to say I'd have enjoyed ST:VOY if I hadn't been glued to the forums (and nitpicking the hell out of it myself) the whole run, but it's definitely been true of the Stargates. That stuff colors how I see a show. So while SGU didn't fare too well here, it still entertained me for a few years, and I'll miss it.

2. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Great strip. I'm currently in the middle of re-watching bits and pieces from SG-1, and I have to agree with you. I don't think I showed this franchise enough love when it was on, but you don't know what you got till it's gone.

I'm gonna miss Stargate. :(

3. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

*hums the SG-1 theme* I really should break out all 10 seasons & watch em again, nice MIB2 refrence there

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a great strip, thanks for posting it Cartoonist. I see what you mean about the forums and enjoyment of a show and I think I've fallen victim to that as well from time to time.

5. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

The enormity of black people discussing stargate in those cloths...LOL I love it. Nice little comic.

You know it's true what you say. I would nitpick the show anyway but I imagine it's got to ruin it to be on a nitpicking extravaganza like a forum. VOY had alot of problems but I enjoyed it more (or less) when I wasn't as concerned with it's failing mechanics and mediocrity.