Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I'm wondering what has become of Pinocchio.

That was pretty good. There's a few new mysteries to be answered. Magic works differently in Storybrooke and Emma had to touch Regina to get the hat to work-- so does that mean magic won't work with Emma gone? Also, is the hat destroyed? And Regina thought they didn't go back because there was no place to go back to-- but there was, so why didn't they go back?

I'm looking forward to see how this dual-dimensional storyline works out.

Maybe he was a sperm whale.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Ouch!

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Emma seemed to have jumpstarted Regina more than acting as a magic battery. Regina did the vine trick after Emma had disappeared into the hat.

4. RJDiogenes

^^ Good point. And Rumpy was able to summon the wraith without any problem, so I wonder what that jump start was all about.

:D

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Also am I missing something - why did Regina not know who Jefferson was?

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I actually took that more as Emma shouldn't know who Jefferson was, so Regina was pretending, though maybe something is up and Regina really didn't know who he was.

7. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Several things left me scratching my head...
    1. Was Regina just pretending to not know who Jefferson was? My money is on her playing dumb to throw Emma off guard. The Queen remembered the hat just fine.
    2. Who was the guy at the beginning? He received a postcard that read "broken." Is it Bael? Is it Hook? If he is another fairytale character, how did he get out of Storybrooke? Thus far only August, Henry and Emma have been able to leave.
    3. Who is Whale's prince, and who is Whale?

I loved it when Regina tried to smite the small folk and it did not work. That made me chuckle.

Belle went walking in a dress and heels in the midst of a demonic wind storm?

Will we see August or Jefferson this season?

8. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The theory is that he's Victor Frankenstein. Online stuff says mentions he has a "God Complex", "Needs to be the Victor", "Sparks will fly".

And also, Doctor and...Whale.

Who directed the Universal Frankenstein movies?

EDIT: Rats, sorry Greg I missed out on your posts!

9. js

js Captain Captain

Since Bael was sent to (presumably) our world prior to the creation of Storybrooke with Regina's spell, it would make sense he'd land somewhere else in our world, not Storybrooke. So it would make sense if it is Bael. Then again, the writers do like to surprise us, so who knows?

In the meantime, I'm really hoping Jefferson got to reunite with Grace... but given that the writers also like keeping people on the show who love each other apart... I'm not counting on it!

If Whale is Dr. Frankenstein, then it would be amusing that he was the one who "stirred the villagers up to go storm the house where the monster lived". :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes to both. One sooner than the other.
    in this Sunday's episode

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Really? They don't have him listed in the main or recurring cast for Season 2 on wikipedia. I know that's not completely reliable, but people seem to be pretty good about keeping up with this stuff as it's announced.
    Do we know yet if they're doing The Little Mermaid this season? I know they've said repeatedly that they want to do it, but I can't remember if they've said when they will.

12. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Thanks! I wondered if filming for Captain America: Winter Soldier would decide the availability of SS this season.

I thought I read somewhere that the Littel Mermaid was a go for this year, but I don't recall where.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Frankenstein? That's even further outside the fairytale milieu than Wonderland.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eion Bailey is no longer in the main credits. They also removed Raphael Sbarge from the main cast and he was listed as a guest star for the premiere.

15. Greg Cox

Well, we've already had characters from Greek mythology (King Midas), Mulan, and Wonderland, so they're obviously casting a very wide net . . . .

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

17. RJDiogenes

Uh oh....

18. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

Maybe Dr. Whale's fairy tale character will come from her story and he was one of the mermen in her father's court.

19. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Maybe they'll replace the actor and not leave Pinocchio out of the story.

20. Greg Cox

They could always replace him with a CGI puppet, but that might put a damper on his budding romance with Emma! :)