"Terminator Salvation" ending POLL (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Borgified Corpse, May 27, 2009.

?

Which ending should they have used for "Terminator Salvation"?

1. Marcus Wright has his heart transplanted to save the life of the mortally wounded John Connor.

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. John Connor dies and his skin is grafted onto Marcus Wright's body, making him the new John Connor.

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. The movie was a worthless piece of shite that never should have been made in the first place.

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ True, but here's an add in.

The attack on Skynet in The Terminator took place at Cheyenne Mountain. The attack on Skynet in Terminator 2 was supposed to be after those events and took place in Los Angeles. Skynet apparently survived.

But the events did seem to change with every subsequent series and film, Terminator Salvation adds in that Skynet must be able to rebuild in new locations after the destruction of Skynet Central.

Terminator 2: Skynet in Los Angeles
    Terminator 3: Skynet had returned to the CRS building (original script)
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Skynet's exact location unrevealed.
    Terminator 4: Skynet Central in San Francisco.

2. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

I think it was said in some book or something that LA was a fall back area. As in last stand. Last pocket of resistance. Once again, it sent the T-1000 back through time because it was desperate. Which is kind of the whole point behind the films. Skynet is about to lose so it tries something radical. It's clear as day that in all three movies it's meant to imply that humanity either had won or will win. Is it 100% sure? No. But it's about 95% sure. Neither Kyle, Uncle Bob, or Arnie 2.0 give any indication of anything different than that.

If humanity was going to lose they would have said or implied that.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

If we're going to include books then I get to add this in (I thought we were doing films only).

In the Terminator 3 novelization its established that the war is no where near completed as of 2032 with Skynet gaining more and more ground with humanity's numbers dwindling.

The official comic book of "The Terminator" includes a scene after Kyle goes back set in 2041 with John Connor still fighting Skynet. Kyle was sent back in 2029.

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Then why the hell did Skynet send 3 Terminators back in time in a crazy plot to kill Conner in the past if the humans were losing the war?

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Because Skynet didn't end. It simply activated a backup program.

So far backups - in the Terminator Expanded Universe - exist at nodes located throughout the Earth, in an orbital satellite, and there is one that is never confirmed in the comic book Hunters and Killers that is located on the ocean floor.

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

^^
    Yes but if that is the case WHY DOES SKYNET FEEL THE NEED TO KILL CONNER IN THE PAST IF SKYNET IS WINNING?

7. Elim Garak

Elim Garak Captain Captain

Apparently, the T-1000 will be back for Terminator 5. It would be cool if it was played by Shirley Manson, but I doubt that will happen.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Robert Patrick has been approached to reprise the role.

Because Skynet wasn't sure if the backup nodes would work to restore its systems. They did.

9. Elim Garak

Elim Garak Captain Captain

Actually RP will be playing a good guy in T5, described as "an idealistic scientist looking to cure conditions such as cancer and diabetes." It sounds like his character may be the creator of the formula for the syntho-skin, though I imagine the T-1000 might assume his form at some point.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That is what is planned, yes. He is not the creator of the synthskin from what I've been reading and told. He is being set up as the man who designed the intellimetal that forms the T-1000. It is rumored that the T-1000 series will also appear in the film.

11. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would really like to see the Weaver T-1001.

What makes a T-1001 different from a T-1000 anyway?

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ A number. We were never really told if she has any real differences from the T-1000. I have theorized that she has a larger weapons range than the other Series 1000 infiltrators (from her attacks at the Kaliba Base) and that she may have a more advanced infiltration software program, but we haven't been told the real differences.

It could be something as simple as she went rogue and didn't want to be identfied as a Skynet unit anymore and added the one to her name.

13. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Skin graft idea was just bad and seems more implausible than heart surgery.

I thought they might be heading to the "John's son is the real saviour of humanity" angle. But they didn't.

Also, wasn't the mute little girl really God? Because that's what I read into it. :lol:

In terms of Skynet always winning vs. Connor's destiny. It seems Skynet's contingencies are matched by equal attempts by the Resistance to stop Skynet before it's even created.

14. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

Besides, why have dogs when you have the little girl? Apparently every time her eyes get all big there are Terminators about! :lol:

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's been suggested that she may be a terminator herself.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

^ Oh, for frak's sake. :scream:

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I'm not making it up. It's also commented on in the novel that her eyes seem to glow in the helicopter, but Marcus thinks its just his imagination.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I believe you, I just think it's a really dumb idea.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Me too.

20. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

If her first words are "Can I come with you?" then I hope Peter Weller blasts the crap out of her.