Twilight Saga: New Moon trailer released

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

2. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Oh yay! Teenage angst!!!

3. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I am anticipating all the "hilarious" jokes men in their 20s or 30s make about this film not intended for them in any way whatsoever!

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

It is the internet. We are allowed to criticize and mock things we know nothing about nor intend to see.

5. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I'm a man in my 20s and I thought the trailer was awful. I do intend to see the movie though, but there's no excusing that trailer. I will now excuse it.

Apparently New Moon is still in production so it looks like that trailer was uber-rushed just so they could capitalize on the MTV movie awards.

6. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll wait for Rifftrax. It makes those kinds of movies so much better ...

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still pretty much got no idea what Twilight is...

I know it was a book, vampires are in it and know the weird face of that actor in it, but that's about it.
    Somehow I never bothered really checking what the fuss (positive & negative) is all about.

8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Don't worry, you're not alone. I've read the first book, and seen the first movie, and I have to say the book and the movie are both bullshit. It's stupid, insipid, uninspired bullshit. The writing is piss-poor, and I am absolutely appalled that there are any fans of this bullshit on a website devoted to Trek.

Let's put it another way. Stephanie Meyer is still working her way UP to the level of writing displayed in Voyager's "Threshold" episode. :rolleyes:

9. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'll be watching this movie the second the Rifftrax comes out. The one they did for Twilight was bloody hilarious.

Line?

10. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just love xkcd
    [​IMG]

(Dear mods, xkcd allows hot-linking and even provide the hot-linking url to the direct image.)

11. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

Holy shit, I can't believe how horrible Robert Pattinson was in that scene. I've got no love for that series but Twilight fans deserve better than a guy who looks like a bridge troll and acts worse than most kids in their 3rd grade school play.

12. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Do they?

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The first movie isn't great but it was fun. The vampires in the series are very different from the norm and several are pretty cool. For all the hate it gets Twilight made more money domestic than either Wolverine or T4.

14. Rob Hal

Rob Hal Vice Admiral Admiral

That's like me saying, as I'm going up the stairs to my bedroom, that I am working my way up to climbing Mount Everest. :p

But really... in comparison to the first movie, this one has to be an improvement. There really was very few redeeming qualities to the first movie. I imagine that they must have a much bigger budget for this one... should improve the production values.

15. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I get the feeling this series is gonna end up like the Saw movies, where one comes out every year and people go "oh god, not another one of these?!" and slags it off without ever seeing it

16. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

It's erotic fiction for young teen girls masked in a vampire story.

17. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

No one deserves acting that horrible. I'm pretty sure forcing that on audiences is a violation of the Geneva Convention.

18. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Holy melodramatic batman!

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well in anticipation of Twilight's release last year I took out the first book from the library while I was recovering from my foot surgery and tried reading through the first chapter and couldn't even make it past the first page. I don't like reading stories told in POV format (not slagging that format but for me it's irratating) and the writing was just horrible. It's like the hype over Hannah Montana and High School Musical movies to me.

20. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I find it to be a real treat when I come across a story written in the first person that I enjoy.

And because I would never pull a thread off topic, I am now 2.3918% more interested in reading Twilight now that I know it is in first person. :lol: