The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe Matt's new character will also be prone to alcoholism and/or frequent bouts of deadness?

2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Bumping to see if anyone else is still torturing themselves?

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been enjoying the season so far.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You should have started a new topic.:lol:

5. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

I think the show has seen its best days--it is so uneven with moments that are good then immediately awful--Klaus serves no useful purpose and neither does Rebekah--they should have kept him dead. Just when you think the angst is over--bam!--now Elena is a vampire and is back to being torn after making up her mind--yawn. And I don't like how it seemingly introduces an interesting thread then ends ti because Julie Plec and the CW think their target audience can't be patient enough to let a storyline develop into something worthwhile.

I still watch it though only because tv is already so wretched that at least I have some affinity for these characters which I can't say for 99.99999999% of tv

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    While I agree that the show has seen its best days and that Klaus especially is far past his expiration date of interesting, I must admit that VD does continue to offer up some good twists. I do like the new vampire hunter and the whole vampire cure thing this season. I even liked the little Klaus-Rebekah-Stefan dinner last week. I thought that was well done, with some nice interaction from all three characters.

What I'm not liking as much is Elena as vampire. She's way too whiny. I think from a creative standpoint it was a good way to go, but the execution is leaving a lot to be desired. One thing I like though is that once she stops whining, she really likes to chomp down on peoples' necks. Seems like she might be a ripper.

7. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I will start a new thread. I was just not sure if anyone else was still watching. :)

I am tired of the central triangle and Elena in general. Her whining and saintification from the lips of about just everyone is ugh. Rebecca gets a few points for hating Elena so hard.

I am intrigued by some of the new stories.
    1. I like the vampire hunter.
    2. The 5 seems an interesting concept.
    3. The new professor seems nice and shady.