Planet of the Titans U.S.S. Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by LordSarvain, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

this looks severally Awesoome and well thought out please dont stop working on it :) :techman:

2. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

That lokks way better than the original design.

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Might be shooting for severely, but I'm not sure that really works either.

At least it's not "hella".

5. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow I had no idea there would be this much feed back, I'm used to only getting a couple of responses after a post. Thanks for all the kind words.

I didn't realize this had already been seen here before, but I'm glad everyone seems to be liking it.

Currently, I've stripped all the materials off and am reworking them because some problems had developed. Also I'm rebuilding the impulse engines on the primary hull and putting in some windows. Basically I'm doing everything I can to delay actually texturing it lol. I'll post some updated pics soon

Anyway here's some color pics before the modifications...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I really like this one except for the end caps on the engines. I never think of the warp drive engines as generating some sort of reddish thrust as others might. I like the notion that there are retractable globes back there that come out during warp and are pulled back in during impulse flight.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's really nothing I don't like about this. Paramount has my permission to use this as Kirk's ship in the next reboot. :lol:

8. Ihlecreations

Ihlecreations Captain Captain

Holy Crap!!!! This freaking rocks. A little TNG tweak here and there, and this would have been a kick ass USS Titan. Looks good from all angles and has a powerful presence.

9. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To heck with the next reboot, I wish this had been the design for the last reboot!

LordSarvain, you've got a fine-looking ship there. I'd quibble with minor details here and there, but you've done such a fine job it'd be serving gravy over filet mignon to argue for any changes. I can't believe you've made such a fine silk purse out of that old sow's ear!

The nacelle signage ... is that lit by a row of lights above and below? What's under the secondary hull with such enormous aft-facing windows? Why are the auxiliary hangar doors (1, 2, and 3) asymmetrically arranged -- is what's in the space that would house 4? I really want to explore this ship!

10. floodcasso2

floodcasso2 Lieutenant Red Shirt

this is so great, it has an almost regal, ocean liner kind of presence to it. And I love everything about the nacelles!!

11. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

I love this too, although I agree with Potemkin_Prod's comments about the aft nacelle caps. Maybe you could borrow a concept from deg3d's TOS remake concept.

I love everything but the lettering on the hull. Too TMP/TNG-ish. I suppose it's just me, but I would love to see the "Airborne"-style block-lettering typeface from the TOS Enterprise brought back, and the boomerang-style Starfleet pennant with it.

12. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Wowzers! Well done, man!

I could see the first Study Model being a concept ship- it tried out all the technology going into this concept. Maybe a few were made and the project shelved for a while. The originals carried on menial support assignments. Then Starfleet decided to revive the ship concept, and along comes your design!

What I don't like (and I wouldn't expect you to change your baby here), are the impulse engines- I would make them a wee bit larger (just a bit though), the nacelle cowlings, and the end caps on the nacelles- red and recessed like that just don't do it for me.

13. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm in the same camp as those who didn't like the McQuarrie design until now (perhaps it's because this has been fleshed out considerably more than McQuarrie's rudimentary pencil sketches). Keep up the good work.

14. Kaiser

yes severely. Sorry im a genetically bad speller ^__^;

15. Kaiser

awesome new pics of this :) :techman:

16. LordSarvain

Thanks again for the comments.

Potemkin_Prod - End caps will probably remain as is but I'm curious about the retractable bulbs, which ship had those? Is that something from the new movie? My eyes may have been overcome by the lens flares lol

Psion - Yes, the signage on the nacelles is lit by the rows of lights at the top and bottom. The big windows under the hangar bay are the botanical gardens, no sense dragging trees and such all through the ship when you can just drop it down a hole in the ceiling. Now that just made think of adding in a shuttle with a tree strapped to the roof landing in the bay... hmmm... Between the main hangar and the smaller bay #1 is a shuttle repair bay. I might open up that smaller bay later on so you can see inside.

Wingsley - I actually tried out that font on this ship but it just didn't look right. I think if I were doing a more rigid version closer to RM's original concept with a lot of straight lines it might work. I think my version is just too curvy so TMP font seemed to work better. I really like deg3d's version of the TOS Enterprise but I really try, not always successfully, but I do try very hard not to borrow from someone else's models. It's not that I think that I can do a better job of it (certainly not in the case of deg3d) but just because I want to try and make something unique.

Patrickivan - Impulse engines are being reworked and they will be bigger, but the warp engines are pretty much done, for this version anyway ;)

Well back to work, more pics soon!

17. Sarvek

Sarvek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am really beginning to love this ship. I was never a favorite of McQuarrie design, but this is fantastic. I love the progress that is being made and totally well done. I am looking foreward to more updates, keep them coming. :techman::techman::techman:

18. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

Beautiful work. I love the nacelle design you came up with and how it sort of flows into the "wings"/ secondary hull area.

19. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

The original series Enterprise. I'm one of the crazy camp that believes that the spheres on the end caps came out when in warp and retracted when in impulse behind the vents. I don't believe there's any thrust there (as confirmed by TMP's Enterprise with the fluted wing tips on the warp drive ends). Your model's beautiful, but makes it look like there's 60's batmobile-esque exhaust nozzles back there.

20. LordSarvain

More pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]