Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The arcs will be the same as the "episodes" were were previously getting to date. Essentially they're just making this more like a traditional comic series rather than a television series as it previous was designed. The numbering system will remain in place but to just number the arcs...so for instance "Smallville: Titans" was "Smallville: Titans #1". Etc.

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

OK, so the arcs have in essence become the eps. Not really much of a change, I guess.

So I wonder if they'll rename the whole series once we get to Season 12?

;)

3. Admiral_Young

^ To Metropolis!! ;)

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not a guarentee, but both Buffy and Jericho went from Season 8 and 3, to Season 9 and 4, so some of these TV continuations have changed "seasons" during their runs.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That's a thought.

:techman:

6. Admiral_Young

Knowing Q's work I wouldn't put that past him :)

7. Admiral_Young

Read Smallville: Titans #2 and thought it was even better than the first issue. M'Gann and Conner!!! Titans Corporation (this should be interesting to explore). Bart's statue. Jay and Conner's confrontation. Mia dealing with her abandonment issues with Jayna. We learn J'onn has been on Mars trying to rebuild it...and then Rose!!!! This has been great.

8. Admiral_Young

Finished reading issues 67 and 68 of Smallville Season 11. The magical battle between Hades and Superman rages on as it becomes clear Superman is in over his head and vulnerable. Diana assumes the role of Wonder Woman and fights her way out of the DEO. We're introduced to the President of the United States as he witnesses magical creatures attempting to destroy Air Force One but are stopped by Superman. Superman salutes the President and the President in awe whispers "Go get 'im son." Then shouts "Why is Superman doing what the DEO should be?" Steve Trevor is taking by a Fury and taking to Hades. Diana confronts Hades as he sits in the Lincoln Memorial. Superman joins her later as the duo are able to stop Hades and apparently send him back to Tartartus. Steve Trevor asks what happens next after he's reunited once again with Diana. Superman turns to face us and says that's a good question...we'll find out next week with the conclusion of Olympus!

9. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Am I the only one who absolutely cannot stand the artwork in Olympus? The characters are drawn like generic comic characters and nothing even close to resembling the actors on the show. I know there has to be a bit of artistic license, but it's like there's no effort being put in this time...

10. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Yeah I'm annoyed that we got a generic Superman instead of Tom Welling.

11. Admiral_Young

Jorge Jimenez seems to be doing Lenil Yu's Birthright Superman/Clark which has been annoying as hell. The art inconsistencies with the likenesses is slipping up again.

12. Admiral_Young

Been almost a month since the last post...since then "Olympus" concluded rather nicely with Diana assuming the role of Wonder Woman and staying in Man's World as an agent of the D.E.O. under Steve Trevor and working with Superman to defeat Hades and Faust. A Monitor has crashed landed and Superman revealed to the President of the United States that he is from Krypton, which starts "Alien" that touches on the aftermath of the public dealing with this notion. "Smallville: Titan" featured Rose Wilson tearing apart the team literally and ending on a cliffhanger with her and Connor confronting each other. This should conclude tomorrow I believe.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. Admiral_Young

Yep. Q has teased them both early on. John was teased in "Olympus".

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still haven't read past Guardian, and this was the first I'd heard about this.

16. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok, I really think I need to start reading S11 now... Here's the cover for the first issue of the next storyline (I would give the title, but I think it's rather obvious ;) ):

[​IMG]

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. So does that mean they're introducing one of the Earth GLs?

18. Admiral_Young

Most likely although in a typical "Smallville"-esque way of doing it. We know from the show that Alan was a previous GL since we've seen a glimpse of his ring. Season 11 has introduced Ferris Air and teased what I am assuming will be a future appearance of Hal and maybe Carol too. Who knows who else might show up? This looks like this might be Q's Smallville take on that Elseworld's story where Clark became GL.