Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ncc71877

ncc71877 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Is it canon? :devil:

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

Canon (In this context) means Tv or (sometimes) Movies.

Books and comics don't count.

Some of the books made while TV shows were running were awful and quickly became ridiculous before the tv heads off to unexpected places.

Sometimes a writer will say THIS IS CANON! about a book they just wrote, but Jeri Taylor was just being an ass, venting all the girl bollocks the boys club wouldn't let her plaster all over Voyager.

The Star Wars Universe, for a while there, everything was supposed to be the same continuity., but they have to have given up the ghost on that now what with Clone wars into it's 4th season.

4. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

But Rockne S. O'Bannon said those post-PKW Farscape comics were canon.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He can say that.

But when/if some asshole gives him 20 million dollars to make a new Farscape movie, exactly how much attention to the comic is he going to pay when writing and casting the new movie?

It's a question of control.

I mean, did Lucas say that you really had to see the Clone Wars Cartoon to see how palpatine was kidnapped by the sith, before every bugger sat down to watch Episode III?

Rockne has a lot of control right now, but that always isn't going to be the case.

6. ncc71877

ncc71877 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  7. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

But you know for a fact that's never gonna happen (even those announced webisodes never took off, and you can't stop the cast from aging), just as there will be no more live action Smallville.

Ever.

8. Kalontas

Kalontas Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

That really depends on the franchise in question. There are franchises that do count their side products (comics, tv/games (depending on which is the main product), etc.). Perhaps Smallville would be one, especially considering where the story stems from.

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

More importantly, since there's zero likelihood of any further filmed Smallville, there's no chance that the comics continuation would ever been overridden. :)

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Look, no red undies.

[​IMG]

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Did he have red undies on the show? I don't remember.

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

In the first issue Clark loses his powers at the same moment Pete Ross returns. Is it really his old friend or a new menace?

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think we ever got that good of a look. Since it was based on the Superman Returns costume, I guess one could assume that there were the red trunks.

Then again, it isn't the first time that Smallville retconed something. :lol:

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was originally going to be a novel when it was first reported that this would be happening. Interesting that they decided to go the comic book route. I'll probably check it out...and Broc is correct, we didn't really get a clear shot of the suit in the finale to determine if there was no red undies or not.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

16. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A quick glance at the SMALLVILLE finale shows that Clark's suit very clearly has the classics trunks.

While I'm not a big fan of the show, I'll check this out on the strength of Brian Q. Miller writing it. While I'm happy to have Barbara Gorden back in the role she never should have been removed from, I loved the Stephanie Brown Batgirl series Miller wrote.

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

So... will this be released digitally?

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, like Batman: Arkham City and the recently released Justice League Beyond.

19. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The distant and fleeting glimpses we had of him in the costume plainly showed the red trunks.

Either he modified it after his debut, or someone at Time Warner hates the red trunks so much they're trying to erase all memory of them and doesn't care what the finale showed.

For this, they should be exiled to the Phantom Zone.

EDIT:
    More links-
    http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10879
    http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvilleseason11.htm

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a big fan of the show so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these, but I might wait to see the reaction here before I start.