Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I was thinking that. But wasn't there some talk recently of The Rock as Lobo in his own movie?

2. Tyberius

Tyberius Commander Red Shirt

This was probably responded to already;

You are horribly incorrect. Laughably incorrect. Disastrously incorrect.

I suspect a mild bit of trolling is in play here, but I have to ask: Have you ever in your life done any weight training whatsoever? If not, have you ever known personally anyone who has ever done any weight training whatsoever?

And, let it be known, that 5'9" is not "short". The average height for a white american woman is 5'5".

So let's work on your list a bit:
    "Even if she was able to gain any muscle mass, it would never be enough and she'd just be a semi-muscular above-average height stick woman anyway, if she failed to complete her prescribed regimen."

This is incorrect. Or perhaps I am unclear about to which model you are referring. Requirements for a female fashion model from the big agencies are 5'9"-6' 110-130lbs.

I'm not sure of her weight. In some pics she could be in that weight range. She is at the low end of the height requirement. However, the requirement is specifically not short.

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

There was, but The Rock said it's not happening anymore. Jett at Batman on Film, who sometimes has good sources within Warners, says Momoa isn't up for Martian Manhunter or Lobo. He says he's up for a regular Superman villain. Some of the geek news and rumor sites are saying that Warners is putting out misinformation to keep an element of surprise, though, so who knows.

4. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I guess "original" in this context means "nobody is ever going to read it except maybe my mom".

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

My wife is a fan of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV-series and likes the Gadot casting. :shrug:

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here's what I don't get about casting an 8 foot tall behemoth... How thick is Steve Trevor?

He's dictating wonder woman fan club love letters to his secretary Diana Prince.

"Hey cutey, I'm just going to rap, let my romance juices flow and you just put it all down to paper like a good chickadee, groovy."

(I really have no idea what time period I think that is set in.)

Can you picture Steve losing his Secretary to Oliver North for a month as the result of a bad hand in poker?

One of the images from New Frontier that still makes me winces is when President Eisenhower slapped Diana on the rump to say that she had been a good girl. America almost had it's second President in a wheel chair that day. So much restraint.

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

;)
    Maybe, but a few people have read it. It might be a tough sell, because my stuff is odd. But there's no call to degrade work you've never read. Even if you have read it,give someone credit for trying. I don't diss any of the fiction on this board.

8. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

While I largely agree with you point, you are being a little bit hypocritical. You are, in fact, dissing fiction on this board. Man of Steel. You certainly aren't giving them credit for trying something different. Sure, did it work? Well, that's opinion. But, they didn't set out of make a bad movie. No one does.

So, I don't think you can get all up on a high horse.

And just for the record, if it hasn't been clear in this thread, I don't really think Man of Steel was all that good.

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

If you're going to make a claim like you did in the first quote it's probably a good idea to have something to back up that claim with. As far as I know you are not a published author and you have not presented us with any of your our writing for review. I'd say iguana was well within his rights.

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the info, that's interesting.

Can't help but feel that introducing Doomsday (if its him) in only this Superman's second big screen outing is a little early. Obviously, there's no reason why they should follow the story from Death of Superman but it's what Doomsday is best known for. Some story like that probably has more resonance with a Superman who the public has known and loved for some time. Also, I wonder if a Doomsday storyline would just lead to more havoc and destruction of the type that dominated the end of MOS.

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Doomsday is good enough for an action villain and i really hope it's not Lex Luthor yet as he's done to death in the movies.. out of the 6 Superman movies to date he was the main villain in 3 of them and has appeared in 5 (don't quote me on that.. i'm going from memory and it's been ages i saw the Reeve Superman movies). Just give him a rest even if casting someone like Bryan Cranston would be awesome to see.

As to Superman vs. Batman.. well, their philosophies do clash and i liked the Byrne era introduction where Batman needs his help and in oder to avoid being just captured by Superman tells him that if he is touched by Superman a bomb will go off somewhere possibly killing someone. It is revealed at the end that the bomb was in Batman's belt after all and no one was threatened.

Some time later Superman gives Batman a kryptonite ring as one of the few reliable ways to defeat Superman should he ever get out of control showing a level of trust and friendship that was a far cry from the beginning.

If they go that route and plant the beginning of a deep friendship i will be very satisfied (and i am really curious to see how Affleck will portray him.. Bruce Wayne shouldn't be a problem but seeing him as the Batman should be the kicker).

12. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been watching the Fast & Furious movies lately. Gal Gadot plays a role in the past three movies of the series. I was surprised to see that she actually does a decent job in the movies. Of course, the movies don't require much in terms of acting ability, but Gadot seems to have decent screen presence.

You guys might laugh at me, but her performances (most notably in Fast & Furious, where she gets the most screentime) are actually filled with some nice nuances. They aren't anything to write home about, but if you read some of the comments online, you'd think Gadot was a terrible actress. Far from it. I can understand why Snyder cast her now. Along with some decent acting ability, she's really gorgeous. She also has a wonderfully exotic voice which should play nice for Wonder Woman.

So, honestly, I don't know what all the hubbub is about. She's not my ideal choice for Wonder Woman (to be honest I always pictured Charisma Carpenter in the role) but I think she's a solid choice. I'm sure with the proper physical training she'll physically resemble the role as well. Even though I'm not a big fan of Zack Snyder as a director, he does know how to pick actors and get decent performances out of them. Despite my negative opinion of Man of Steel, I will concede the performances were one of the best things about that movie.

13. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Sorry, you don't get to say that, when you just said this:

You just don't.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

I agree. As I said earlier in the thread, despite the F&F movies not being acting showcases she nevertheless shows decent acting chops and good screen presence in them, particularly in Fast & Furious 6. Importantly for Wonder Woman, she's displayed that she has a sweetness and a warmth to her, while also being capable of being a badass in action scenes.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

For anyone who thinks you need to be big and buff to kick ass, I present to you British Martial Arts Champion Chloe Bruce.
    She's worked on Thor 2, Kick-Ass 2, PoTC: On Stranger Tides, and John Carter.

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I'm in love.
    :luvlove:

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't doubt there will be a ton of action in this thing, but I can't see them wanting to repeat themselves with the destruction of yet another city like in MOS.

Unlike others here, I give Snyder and Goyer a bit more credit than that, and think they'll try to come up with a different kind of threat for the sequel.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

If they want to introduce Luthor and Kryptonite, I think Metallo would be a more likely choice. Besides, wouldn't Doomsday be done in CGI?

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

The climatic action scene could be outside Metropolis. If they want it to be an action scene where Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman end up teaming up against a villain that would call for a really big threat. I guess you could go for Metallo and pump up his abilities, especially if there were other threats in the mix, like maybe Luthor with Kryptonian tech, but Doomsday would certainly fit the bill.
    Probably, but they might still cast a name actor for the mo-cap performance.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The stars on the American flag represent the 50 states. The Star on the Texas State flag say fuck the other 49 stars who think they're the same as us... How many stars are on her knickers and what do they mean?